Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justme33077 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 10:41 PM
    Neighbor harassment??
    A young family bought the house next to us in May 2009. They were very friendly at first but things changed very fast. We have 4 children and 3 dogs. While we were gone one day for my son's birthday they called the police and complained that the dogs were barking. They have continued to call at least once a month. Each time the cops show up the dogs are not barking. In April 2010 my husband and an officer went to try and resolve this issue. The neighbor said that there was nothing that could be done to resolve the issue. No matter what we did or tried to do he was going to continue to call the cops. He has also gone to the extent of calling social services about our children. They found the report to be unfounded and that they were just trying to cause problems for us. I was wondering if there is anything we can do to try and protect ourselves and our kids.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2011, 06:51 AM

Hello j:

If all he's doing in using the telephone, no.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 07:44 AM

After 10 or 12 times of calling in falase reports, the police may just stop coming by, but deciding on the size of city you live in, talk to the police Chief or as high up as you can get about him making false police reports.

Also if it is daytime ( not night) there are no laws about dogs barking, don't know why police would even come out during the day.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2011, 07:48 AM

If you have proof that they called children's services, you may have a basis for a suit against them. Consult a local attorney.

As for the dog calls, when the police come by have they interviewed other neighbors to confirm whether the dogs were barking or not? In some areas, the police have resorted to billing residents who continually make false nuisance calls.
    justme33077 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2011, 12:02 PM
    They have not talked to any one else to confirm the dogs are barking. Now each time they are called regarding dogs barking to our residence we will be fined because so many calls have been placed. He also yells at my kids for playing on the sidewalk in front of his house. Yes he admitted in front of an police officer that he called social services about our kids. I checked the police blotter the last time the made a call and it shows the call came in at 327 pm. The officer stated to me that the neighbors claimed the dogs were barking from 230-300. Yet they didn't call to complain for a half hour. I am now unable to sleep at night because of all this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2011, 06:12 PM

I don't get this. He is making false complaints and YOU will be fined? First ask for a record of all the complaints made. Then go to your other neighbors and see if they will sign an affidavits that they do not recall your dogs barking at the mentioned times. Then bring that to the police. Tell them, if they don't try to verify the complain the next time and still try to fine you, you will sue.

Then sue the neighbor for harassment.
    wilma5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 07:18 AM
    I have a neighbour that I have taken to Court, he keeps on harassing me, he will wait until my Husband is not around then he will stand in his garage showing me sighs and faces, one day he has gone as far as running to my vechile when I was pulling out of the garage he hit his fist on my driver side, I was in such sock that I could not even move he ran then around to the driver side and stuck his finger in my face, I then closed the window and he tried pulling on the door to get to me I was saved by a neighbour coming up the road he backed off and then stood in the middle of the road screaming and swearing.

I then went to court to try to have a restraining order issued to him, but they summons him to court where we walked in all the Judge said was will he leave me alone and will I leave him alone. I was disapointed as I am suffering stress and cannot sleep, the worse part is he has a web cam at his front door and one in his roof and sits all-day watching my place, he is currently unemployed (Started a so called business) and therefore know our comings and going and when I am on my own, he is so clever that he stands in his garage as he has me on cam and it does not show his behaviour.

I feel that there is no justice and to tOP it up he has a cop friend and I don't know how to deal with him any longer as I am ready to have a nervous break down.

He is law on to himself he water even with restricsions in place he works as a Electrician on some odd days where he can and he has a cover up company called test and tag he only holds a fitters licience and therefor should work under an qualiefied electricain.

The second we where leaving court outside he started his issues with me saying smile to the cam as he knows that I am not happy with it. I am so nervous as I donot know what he is up to. He needs some anger management classes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbor Harassment [ 5 Answers ]

My parents purchase a home some 30 years ago that had been vacant for a couple of years,after a few months they notice something was going on late one night and look out to see the lady next door and three boys digging up hedges on the property line.. in addiction to the fact they said that half of...

Crazy Neighbor Puts Criminal Harassment Against Me [ 3 Answers ]

Let's call her Ester! Ester has some type of bi-polar, mental issue... She screams at me, stalks me, and calls the cops on me for loud music when the radio and Tv are not even on... She then put a Criminal Harassment thing on me. I went to the hearing and as I had thought she would; she made a...

Neighbor Harassment/Court Summons [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first post and I'm grateful for any counsel you can give me. My neighbor complained to our HOA about a lacrosse net we put in the Community playground (we both live next to the playground). The HOA unanimously voted to keep the lacrosse net. Then Neighbor went to a mediator. We...

Harassment by neighbor [ 4 Answers ]

I am living in Warrensburg Missouri. My neighbor is harassing me all the time by calling the city on supposed code violations when there are none found and or calling DFS making false reports what can I do to stop this crap?

View more questions Search