Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Taylor1313 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 08:40 PM
    A broken promise
    My parents found out I cut myself and made me promise to never do it again. But when my boyfriend told me he though we needed a break so he could get his spiritual life set back on track it was too much to handle along with knowing that my biological mom had a diagnosis of depression and that I make it worse. So I had broken my promise to my parents and to my youth director. But what is the worst thing is after I did it nothing got better. I don't know if I am going crazy or not because after I cut myself it didn't bleed. So I just sit here crying listening to the music blaring in my ears hoping my parents can't hear me so I won't have to explain to them that I broke the one promise I had made to them.
    Scheat Posts: 18, Reputation: 7

Jan 4, 2011, 11:33 AM
    Breaking the promise isn't the most important thing here.Your parents problem didn't even expect you to keep it,they just hoped you'd stop hurting yourself.You don't need to tell them you tried to cut.Tell them you don't feel good and would like to see a doctor,or a psychologist.At this point,you really need one.Your mom will probably empathise with you because she's depressed too.I don't know how your father is in the middle of all this but he'll probably understand you need help.The most important thing is that you admit you have a problem and need help,and that your parents get you the counseling you need.

I was once depressed too and I went to a psychiatrist.Sometimes we can't handle life and need outside help.It's normal,and not as rare as you may think.Just know you need to have the courage to voice your feelings and be honest with the person who'll try to help you.

Jan 8, 2011, 09:30 PM
    Nobody listens to anything I say. I try to tell them I need help but they don't care.my dad always ignores everyone and anything anyone says. My parents don't even try to talk to me about it. When they found out all they were hide any sharpe objects. I can't get help because no one will let me tell them that I need it.
    Scheat Posts: 18, Reputation: 7

Jan 9, 2011, 05:58 AM
    Same thing happened with my parents.They're not talking to you about it because they don't care,they're trying to pretend there's nothing wrong with you because your mom is already depressed and they don't want to acknowledge there's another case of emotional illness in the family.Part of it just them feeling uncapable of taking care of you and their own lives and allowing the ones they love to get depressed.There are so many people who see these things happen and pretend everything's OK because they feel like they're responsible so they just carry on pretending until something really opens their eyes.

You need to get yourself the help you need.If there's a school counselor you can talk to do,do it,or talk to a teacher,and the teacher will try to get through to your parents.Show your parents that you're feeling down,and they'll eventually ask you about it,tell them again how you feel.

Sometimes in life people who should be helping us aren't doing anything and we need to be the ones taking care of ourselves.There are so many reasons people do this,but ultimately,it's you that really matters.And you don't want to feel sad and depressed for the rest of your life.Sometimes your sadness will just show through your actions and people will notice and someone will try to lend a hand.When that helping hand comes,don't deny it by retreating into your shell.

Jan 11, 2011, 10:43 AM
    But my dad and stepmom didn't cause,my mom did.but my dad and stepmom are the ones freaking out about it.when people see me sad or not being my usual self I just tell them I'm having a bad day because I can't tell everybody that I'm depressed and the only way I can handle it is by taking a knife and cutting my wrist hoping I don't go to far.hoping that I won't cut to deep.hoping I might die,but then hoping I won't.they would call me a freak and wouldn't talk to me anymore.when my best friend found out she didn't say anything to me for a whole week.then when she did it was to ask me why.my boyfriend at the time said that I shouldn't do it and that only emo people cut themselves and we had a huge fight over nothing.all because I told him that I don't have to emo to cut myself.when people lend a hand it don't always help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I pierce my navel myself because of a broken promise? [ 6 Answers ]

I've been begging my mom for a belly button piercing since I was 4 1/2 years old. My mom FINALLY said yes after 8 1/2 years (I'm now 13). My mom did something that she shouldn't have and it hurt my mentally VERY bad. She just said, "Kirsten, I'll make it up to you, and take you to get your belly...

Promise of Forever [ 4 Answers ]

Stupid

A promise before she died [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Since I was a little girl, my grandmother and I would always promise each other that which ever one of us died first, if there was any way possible, we would contact the other. We would always laugh and say," Just don't jump out and scare me! " She passed away October 12, 2005. I have...

A broken promise [ 12 Answers ]

I got out of a HUGE relationship with James. We dated for over a year and I loved him. But then we broke up and ever since I've been jumping from guy to guy. Until I found one I ended up falling in love with. He said he loved me. He said he would never, could never, break up with me. But then one...

A promise [ 3 Answers ]

When your ex gives you a promise ring what does that mean? And he won't take it back?:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

View more questions Search