Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nate764 Posts: 48, Reputation: 0

Jan 1, 2011, 06:24 PM
    What HTML code for e-mail to?
    I have a web site and I would Like to add a box so you can tipe a coment and hit a submit butten to send that coment to my e-mail address.
    HTML code to make a box to tipe in?
    HTML code for the butten?
    HTML code for the send what is in the box to (My e-mail) ?

In the past I just said my e-mail is [email protected] but you get a lot of junk mail if you post that a lot so can any one help with code so I can keep that address a secret and tell
    People that send in a coment. Hope the box can be a big box to tipe a lot in. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2011, 06:26 PM

Mailto:[email protected]

Jan 1, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    The full code if you can if I copy and past that I just get mailto:[email protected] on the pg I would be nice to see a box to tipe in if I make a link my computer tries to use out Look not my hotmail so don't think that will work
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2011, 06:53 PM

<a href="mailto:[email protected]">Email Us</a>

Using the mailto link

For more details.

Jan 2, 2011, 04:01 PM
    I am Looking to try and make Like what you see at the bottem of this site.

http://prsindia.org/theprsblog/2010/12/18/issues-related-to-paid-news-send-in-your-comments/

Any one can Leev a comment but I would Like the comment on my site to be sent to my e-mail
    And tell me who it is from so I can send back. Thanks for trying but I know how to make a Link
    See on my computer if I hit a Link Like the one you made it will not bring up my hotmail so if I use that
    Some people can't send in.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 10:19 PM

Hi,
    Looking at the source for the page referenced, it is a bit more complicated than the email tag and you may understand. It is a Wordpress site running with Java on the server and JavaScript running on both the client and server. It has PHP thrown into the mix just to top it off.
    A simpler solution would be an HTML form with JavaScript parsing, but chances are it would not do the same thing.
    The learning curve for that which you wish to do will be steep and out-sourcing it would be costly. Highly demanded skills you inquire about!
    Peace,
    Clarke

Jan 4, 2011, 08:56 AM
    It is not a big deal as I did put on my site "you can send me e-mail at [email protected]" I did use my old e-mail 4 that and got a lot of junk mail from it so I may soon delete that e-mail account and not post it Like that again. When I try to make a Link to my new mail my computer will not Let me e-mail myself through it so I figer some people will mis out if I use a Link. I see some sites have a comment box and I would Like to find out how they make it and it the comment can be sent to an e-mail address I know a lot of htmL but I have never made a cod Like what I would hope to find I know a bit about java and I do not know what PHP is I just put up the site I found so some might see what I hope to get but I don't think I need what is one the site I would Like to find a way to make a comment box on my site so some one can Leev comment or send in a comment so I can post it I have yet to right the story that I would Like coments 4 I am trying to figer out blogs and may do it Like that but I think I will get more hits 4 it if I put it on my mane site pg.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 09:36 AM

I went to your site and I have a question.

What is the objective?
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 10:09 AM

Hi,
    Just an example form tutorial and links found at:
    HTML Forms and Input
    For W3Schools, and the tentative example:
    Tryit Editor v1.4
    Though your server needs to use the Action attribute and a CGI mail program on the server (most come standard with a hosting service) to work reliably (it would give me an error otherwise.)
    HTML Forms Tutorial - HTML Code Tutorial
    And also reference this:
    HTML ACTION - HTML Code Tutorial
    Many other links are available to find different views on Form creation.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I add HTML formating to 'Swift Mail tutorial' based PHP email? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have developed a competition page for a client, and they wish for the email the customer receives be more than simply text. The tutorial I used only provided simple text, within the 'send body message'. I am required to add html to introduce images to this email. The code is: ...

HTML code problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I am editing my works wesite that was made by another person but I have hit some problems the parts I am trying to edit are all under the cod stating.. <! -- InstanceEndEditable --> And I have not seen this before and would like to know if there is a way around this as I cannot...

I need code for HTML page [ 5 Answers ]

I am totally lost! I have created a web page with links and all are working well accept now I have to make it show up in opera browsers tabs. I was told to do it from the head of the html page to link to opera using <link href="b9home.htm" rel="home" />. I have downloaded opera 9.6 and can view the...

The HTML Code for RuneScape [ 3 Answers ]

I'm making a RuneScape client and I was wondering what is the HTML code for the actual RuneScape screen in th middle of the world you're playing on? Can anyone give it to me? I've looked at the source of RuneScape as well!

View more questions Search