Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Erikkabeauty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 04:55 PM
    Math problem
    "Mike operates on a machine which produces a widget every six seconds. He starts work at 8:00AM, takes a half an hour off for lunch, and stops working at 4:00PM. How many widgets does he produce each day?"
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 04:57 PM

Think it through.

How much time does he put in at work in hours?

How many seconds is that?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2011, 09:12 AM

Start by finding how many seconds are in one hour, then multiply that result by 7.5,
    Divide that result by 6.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My math problem [ 4 Answers ]

My mathe problem is -4 compare -5 help plzzz

Math Problem [ 5 Answers ]

I am having a problem with one equation that is ab-cd=0. I am supposed to solve for c and have been stuck on it. Can anyone help me?

Math problem [ 10 Answers ]

The pasteurization temperature of milk by the High Temperature Short Time (HTST process is 161 Fahrenheit. What is this temperature in Centigrade? How do you work the problem and show all the work on paper.

Math problem [ 6 Answers ]

Kyle is a world class tennis player and goes to practice with some bags of tennis balls. Kyle has five bags containing a total of 50 tennis balls. The first and second bags contain a total of 21 tennis balls, the second and third bags contain 20 tennis balls, and the third and fourth contain 21...

Math problem [ 3 Answers ]

A restaurant sink compartment is 30" long and 24" wide. If filled to a depth of 12 inches, how many gallons are in the sink? I divided 35/171 my ans. Was 2.0467 and I rounded it to 2.05 GPG dosage. I'm sure it's wrong, but I don't know what I'm doing. How do you work the problem and show...

View more questions Search