Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strawberrylover Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Jan 1, 2011, 12:53 PM
    Modeling
    I have gotten an opportunity to model in San Francisco. No money is coming out of my pocket, it is all being paid for and I am also being paid. My question is should I go for it, although I am super nervous about leaving Canada, and going somewhere COMPLETELY different,around a bunch of strangers. I am turning 19 this year. I am curious to know what anyone else would do?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 01:20 PM

First and foremost I would thoroughly check out the company and their personnel before I did anything. If that all checks out I would also take your mother and or father, another family member or someone close that you trust with you. And make sure that they are with you constantly.

Good luck.

Stringer
    Business Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 04:43 PM

I would still check them out with the BBB in San Fran and any other method that you can think of BEFORE you go there.

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 05:17 PM

If you are going to be a real model, you will have to be hired and work for many agencies. Have they sent the plane ticket, have they paid any advance on expenses ?

Jan 6, 2011, 01:46 PM
    It was actually a pedaphile not a modeling agency
    Business Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 01:57 PM

I am so glad that you checked further hon. Always approach these things with a ton of caution. There are a lot of 'bad' people out there be careful, glad you are safe.

Have you turned him in I hope?

Stringer

Jan 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Comment on Stringer's post
    I didn't know it was illegal to do that.

Jan 6, 2011, 02:08 PM
    Comment on Stringer's post
    I never thought of it, but I now see its common sense
    Business Expert

Jan 6, 2011, 03:04 PM

Good, and good luck to you.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is modeling when you are dying [ 7 Answers ]

A friend of my grandma is dying and I have heard her say that she is modeling (not sure if I spelled it right). For the life of me I can't remember what this means can someone help me my mind is failing right now.

Do I have any modeling potential? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am a 16 year old male boy, who loves fashion and is most definitely interested in fashion design and becoming a fashion designer. I have also always wanted to model, maybe not so much as a career, but maybe for some experience and possibly some money. I am 5'2" and according to...

Hair modeling? [ 1 Answers ]

About one or two years ago at the BIG E exposition someone offerd me to go to hair modeling because I have thick hair and I guess a un common hair color and eyes but I couldn't because of family situations at the time and now I'd like to do it. I'm 15 now, 16 soon and is there any web site or...

Modeling agency [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All I need as much info on how to start my own modeling agency please someone help me

Dog modeling. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a doberman and I wanted to enter her in some form of modeling... because she can do basically anything! From wearing jewelry glasses, sunglasses, clip-on earrings, bracelets, dresses, even little shoes! But I'm in Arizona and I wanted to know is there anything I can get her in like to be in...

View more questions Search