Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MemeChik Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 12:02 PM
    How old do I have to be to get emancipated?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 12:05 PM

It can make a difference as to where you live, but in general some of the things are:

You will have to be able to afford to live on your own. *** not live with someone else.

You will have to have a job, enough money to afford an attorney and your first living expense, apartment, utilities and so on.

And next you have to have a valid reason, not just not liking it at home
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2011, 12:13 PM

If you want emancipation earlier, it will depend on local laws. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. It is very hard to get emancipated before 18. If you want to explain your situation we can advise of your chances.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get emancipated? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 17 yrs old. Soon to be 18 in less than 6months, I was wondering if I could emancipate myslef from my guardian?. I lost my mother 2 yrs ago. And my father has nothing to do with me. My friends mother took me in and took guardianship of me. I don't see hardly if any money at all. I have to do...

Getting Emancipated [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am intersted in getting emancipated.I will be 17 and have my G.E.D. I will also be enrolled in community college.I have kept a steady job for a year.I pay for all my own stuff including car insurance,food,Gas,etc. I do have my license and have my cousin who is 18 and my boyfriend who is 18 set...

I need to get emancipated! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am 15 years old, I will be 16 here in may of 2009. I currently am not living at home I am staying at my boyfriends or at my brothers. I have major problems at home my parents are alcholics and do nothing but get drunk and beat me or try and fight me, objects are thrown. Reason I need to get...

Getting Emancipated [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 15 and pregnant and my dad is an alcoholic and he throws me down. I have called the police on him countless amount of times. My mom is fixing to get out of jail but I don't know if she is able to get custody of me. I can't live with my dad anymore and I don't want to go to foster care. I can...

How to get emancipated [ 2 Answers ]

Hello i am trying to receive questions on getting emancipated how to i go about gettting emancipated in louisiana? I need help can someone assist me :o

View more questions Search