Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 07:43 PM

WG,

I was just saying it wasn't a great look as a Christian in our culture. Why? Because while we men and women look at the outward appearance, BUT GOD looks at the heart. Thankfully! Please check out all I have said regarding the topic. I do NOT think what I have said regarding the tattoo's is worth arguing about

I ALSO stated CLEARLY that looking like one stepped out of the 19th century wasn't a great look for a Christian either. We are called to be salt and light. We should see us and watch us and want it. I didn' say it JESUS did.

It isn't a sin to have a tatto, it isn't a sin... and one more time just in case you missed what I said... it isn't a sin.

P.S. It isn't a sin to be COVERED in them either.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2010, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I was just sayin it wasn't a great look as a Christian in our culture. Why? because while we men and women look at the outward appearance, BUT GOD looks at the heart. Thankfully!
    Yes, thankfully. Unfortunately, humans, even Christians, judge a person by what they see -- tattoos, piercings, clothing, how fat they are, what car they drive, ethnicity, race...

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Could I "automatically" say my former coworker who is kind to everyone and who is respectful to authority and who has a wonderful marriage and who takes food to her church for special dinners and potlucks and who attends her church faithfully and who prays several times a day is a Christian?
    She's Hindu.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2010, 08:49 PM

I think we talked about your hindu friend before. If she rejects Jesus Christ as her savior... you know where I stand as far a salvation.

Could you tell your friend that she is a kind, sweet and a dear person... sure. Can you love your friend dearly... sure. Should you call her a Christian? Does she own Christ as her Lord and savior..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 19, 2010, 09:06 PM
    Could you tell your friend that she is a kind, sweet and a dear person...sure.
    The discussion was about appearances.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 04:21 AM

WG,

Dumplin, Darlin, DEAR,

I didn't say that man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart... the Bible SAID it.
    Whether it is right that man does this has nothing to do with it. Christians, non Christians, different faiths, no faith, red, yellow, black and white... DO IT. This is ONE of the reasons we advise people in this country to wear a suite and tie when applying for a decent job.

THEREFORE,
    I do NOT think it is using wisdom to have tattoo's and piercings on your body AFTER you become a Christian.

Is it a sin? NO.

When DO you think what the Apostle Paul said in Corithians would be applicable?

***** NOTE****** Where is Fred? I get worried when he doesn't say anything for a couple of days. He is like Santa Claus to me. I go to bed, wake up in the morning and he has left me ( us) some interesting tidbits to ponder and debate.

Nothing but sticks and ashes for two whole mornings.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2010, 08:22 AM
    THEREFORE,
    I do NOT think it is using wisdom to have tattoo's and piercings on your body AFTER you become a Christian.
    My nephew, who has tattoos and piercings and is a faithful Christian, believes that, as long as God looks at his heart, he doesn't mind what anyone else thinks.
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 08:47 AM

WG,

And I gave the OP my opinion and I gave biblical reasons I have that opinion. WHY? Because He ASKED for opinions.

Your "nephew" is correct. It is between him and the Lord Jesus.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
    Your "nephew" is correct. It is betweeen him and the Lord Jesus.
    Why the quote marks around the word nephew?
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2010, 09:11 AM

I don't know... because I read in one thread that Jesushelper WAS your nephew? ( you all could have been teasing) Either way... I agree with your nephew.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2010, 09:21 AM
    I don't know...because i read in one thread that Jesushelper WAS your nephew?? ( you all could have been teasing) Either way....i agree with your nephew.
    I was talking about my biological nephew in western NY State.

Years ago I "adopted" Jesushelper as my cyber nephew when we were members of another Q&A site. We are not related by blood, but by love and affection. I have two cyber sons -- one in Odense, Denmark, and the other in Northern Japan. Both have practiced their English by emailing/IMing with me for maybe ten years. Both had come with questions to the same site where Jesushelper and I met.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2010, 05:12 PM

Not going to lie, I didn't read through all eight pages so I may just be parroting someone else.

I believe that our bodies are God's temple, as others have related. If we get a tattoo that honors Him, I don't think it's sin. Getting naked ladies and foul language - that's something else :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Unforgivable Sin? [ 68 Answers ]

I know there are many different nominations and beliefs and opinions about the subject of sin. So here goes. Have any of you heard about the UNFORGIVABLE SIN? If you have exactly what is this unforgivable sin. At the same time I thought all sin can be forgiven? What is your take? Joe

Original Sin [ 13 Answers ]

I am curious if anyone might have a theroy on Original Sin? There has been so much speculation over hundreds of years and I would like to hear what you think. Thanks:confused:

Removing tattoos [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I want to know how tattoos are removed. Is it painfull?? Is it expensive??

Living in sin [ 42 Answers ]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly... This is a relationship question, but I chose to discuss this with other christians. I am in a relationship with the father of my 2 year old son. We are not married yet, and we live together. I have always known the Lord, but...

Dog tattoos [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently taken in a lost Doxie. He has numbers tattooed on his tummy. Do you know what for?

View more questions Search