Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexybeasty Posts: 112, Reputation: 16

Feb 20, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Hi Squiffy. Welcome to this awsome site. I already met a few really nice people and you are definitely nice... I'll vouch for you anytime.

Sorry about your best friend's nana. I hope she went peacefully.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Feb 20, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Hi sexy beasty! Yeah friends nana went very peacefully in the end, she just slipped away no pain or anything. She was a right old character! This site looks fab, and maybe get on better here than back on wondir lol!

Feb 20, 2007, 01:14 PM
    I will miss wondir though. You guys are such a bunch of good friends. You are fortunate to be able to get on.

I am trying my humor out on the folks here a little at a time... don't want to scare them. LOL. They seem to like me so far. I like to mix the heavy with the light... well, you know that about me and they WILL.

Glad the nana went in peace. Peace to you sweetie.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Now I realize why there are so many new members. Wondir shut down.

I remember going through that with ASKME.COM, I have been on other sites since then but this is my favorite right now.

You are all going to love it here, I believe. Lots of good people. Some with a good sense of humour and some without but you guys stick around long enough you will get to know a lot of different people which is the best thing about this site.

Have fun and mix the light with the heavy.

Joe

Feb 20, 2007, 01:34 PM
    I have to be honest, jesushelper, wondir didn't shut down... they shut me down. I have a crazy sense of humor. I love to answer seriously as well as have fun with my friends on the site. I hung around Religion and Philosophy.

Someone was complaining once that the moderators need to step in more, as we get off subject sometimes and tell jokes of the day and so forth. We were just getting to be good friends, that's all. One day, a friend got the boot. We knew it was the moderators as they were deleting post after post. I and a friend were going on about censorship and boom... I got booted.

They won't even let be have any access to the site. I am using my old handle on this site. I contacted wondir through my son's site.. covert operation, and under a guest name, since I lost my history and screen name, told my peeps what was going on. Crazy.

I may be able to be reinstated. I do like this site though and will be staying. Boy am I LONG WINDED or what?? That is the story. I am searching for defectors there, or at least visitors from there. Squiffy is a wondir member presently. The screen name is the same on both sites.

I am still working on reinstatement. LOL... and good luck to me. As you can see, I have a big mouth and wondir doesn't like a big mouth.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
    I will be honest. The original reason why I came here is because I got suspended on another site. Answerway.com

There was a bunch of goings on and many people complaining about others. Next thing you know the site owner went all mad. Suspended like 10 or more of us all at within days.

The reason I got suspended was because I asked why did a certain member get suspended they did not do anything. Next thing you know all questions about the ones getting suspended and the reasons were erased and I was suspended for asking the question. Did I ever pounce on management.

Anyway, We all have our own stories I guess. I guess you could tell I am similar.

Joe

Feb 20, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Guess we are a couple of Big Mouths. Hee hee.

I understand monitoring abuse, but what is abusive in questioning management? I tried to get reinstated today, you know, with the same screen name but it came back error. Twice.That never used to happen.

They have new owners, I hear, and MUCH stricter policies. I seemed to be permanently banished with only bread and water. O.k. I'm having Evian and french bread, but you get the picture.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Lol,

It is there loss. Answerway has never been the same since they went all nutty with their extreme right wing, religious monitoring that if they did not agree with anything they just banned you and erased your answers or questions. You were not allowed to question anything, it got you banned. It is crazy. I rather be a big mouth and speak my mind and speak up for what is right.

Oh, I get the picture.

Feb 20, 2007, 03:27 PM
    I guess wondir isn't the only heavy handed site. Well, you are a welcome person on this site. My first friend. Awww.

What time is it there in Canada? I live in California, USA. It is 2:30pm here.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Feb 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeasty
    I guess wondir isn't the only heavy handed site. Well, you are a welcome person on this site. My first friend. Awww.

What time is it there in Canada? I live in California, USA. It is 2:30pm here.
    It depends on your location in Canada, as it does in the USA.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Feb 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    lol,

It is there loss. Answerway has never been the same since they went all nutty with their extreme right wing, religious monitoring that if they did not agree with anything they just banned you and erased your answers or questions. You were not allowed to question anything, it got you banned. It is crazy. I rather be a big mouth and speak my mind and speak up for what is right.

Oh, I get the picture.
    I was told that Christian fundamentalists had claimed Answerway for their private pulipit and would not brook contrary opinions. They have even been called bigots. A sorry state of affairs.

God gave us brains to think and mouthys to speak. Why not use them?

Feb 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Morganite, you are funny. I think you know I was asking Jesushelper what time where he is, wherever that is in Canada. I have my eye on you Morganite... both eyes in fact. Take care you crazy kook! LOL

On your last post, morganite, you are right... "a sorry state of affairs."

But you are still a crazy kook. Talkz later.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Right now it is 6:30 pm.
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Well I don't see anything wrong with taking a tattoo I had one before and there's nothing wrong with it ( as far as I know)

Feb 20, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Is your tattoo pink, pink?
    robynhgl Posts: 112, Reputation: 25

Feb 21, 2007, 04:56 AM
    What a shame... that allowing people to be themselves, to have an opinion will get them booted from a site!

I don't always agree with people, and trust me... people don't always agree with me, but I always respect another's right to be who they are and say what they believe. It's a shame that people can't understand that a vast variety of personalities and views is a benefit to all of us...

I'm glad I found this place, glad I'm getting to know some of the people here.
    think_pink Posts: 124, Reputation: 5

Feb 21, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Lool I love pink but my tattoo isn't pink !
    poppa0777 Posts: 104, Reputation: 11

Mar 10, 2007, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    The question for me personally. I would like to know everybodies opinion, thoughts and even biblical response to this question.

Question is, is it a sin to get tattoos. Is it forbidden? Is there anything wrong with getting tattoos and if there is anything wrong with it?

I have thought about getting a couple before, and I thought of it again.

Thank you in advance!

Oh, and if I did get one it would be my boys name and date of birth on one arm. A religious cross on the other.

Joe
    You need to examine your motives for thinking of getting a tattoo. Is it so you can 'fit in'?
    Usually when a person has to ask if something is a sin or not, they already know it is... why else ask??
    Getting a tattoo of a Cross won't make you more spiritual, you will become less spiritual.
    The Bible teaches against marking or piercing our bodies, as it is associated with idol worship. Some might say that it was the Old Testament and that's not for today. I believe that if one must err; then err on the side of caution.
    You have not indicated as to whether you are a Christian... that is, have you been born again? Have you asked Jesus to forgive you of your sins and asked Him to come into your heart?
    I hope this helps you.
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 01:48 PM
    I think it's totally okay to get them. I think tattoos should mean something to you personally (and it's obvious the ones you said you thought of getting do.) before my mom got one (she got it when I was 16), when I was about 13 I started talking about wanting one. And she flipped because she is ver religious. Then I told her what I wanted, which was 7 stars because in revolation, angels are refer to as stars, and 7 is a holy number of complition. I told her I wanted to feel God with me, and he's angels protecting me, fully and complitly. And that is sincerely why I want that tattoo.

She ended up getting one before me.

It's a personaly choice. It's your body and yours alone. But it is God's timple. I think you have every right to decorated it h ow you please, as long as you are polluting it.
    intendedsighs Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Apr 22, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Well, I'm a Messianic Jew, and in Jeish religion, it is unthinkable to get a tattoo. However, I don't feel that way. I have a tattoo on my back, and I would never think of removing it. I don't see anything wrong in getting a tattoo, because though it says in the bible to not pierce or mark the body, there are many customs that we do not follow anymore, including the sacrificing of animals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Unforgivable Sin? [ 68 Answers ]

I know there are many different nominations and beliefs and opinions about the subject of sin. So here goes. Have any of you heard about the UNFORGIVABLE SIN? If you have exactly what is this unforgivable sin. At the same time I thought all sin can be forgiven? What is your take? Joe

Original Sin [ 13 Answers ]

I am curious if anyone might have a theroy on Original Sin? There has been so much speculation over hundreds of years and I would like to hear what you think. Thanks:confused:

Removing tattoos [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I want to know how tattoos are removed. Is it painfull?? Is it expensive??

Living in sin [ 42 Answers ]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly... This is a relationship question, but I chose to discuss this with other christians. I am in a relationship with the father of my 2 year old son. We are not married yet, and we live together. I have always known the Lord, but...

Dog tattoos [ 1 Answers ]

I have just recently taken in a lost Doxie. He has numbers tattooed on his tummy. Do you know what for?

View more questions Search