Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    candykane35 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Nursing Schools in the Charlotte, NC are that allows nonviolent/non-sex crime felons?
    I was convicted of a maintaing and dwelling charge of a controlled substance in 1995 because my name was on a rental lease and the cops raided the duplex. I am interested in obtaing my Nursing Degree. I am a CNA and is registered with the NC Board of Nursing,but I see that the Nursing schools are doing a background check and I am curious if anyone has had any luck getting into a school.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 08:31 PM

You may want to check with the board of Nursing on the license, since I doubt with a drug conviction they will allow you to license even if you found a school to let you in.

I am supprised you were allowed to get the CNA did you have it before the felony ?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 09:57 PM

Considering this is a drug charge and RNs are in total control of drugs, chances are pretty slim to none that you will get a job, much less your license.
    adthern Posts: 282, Reputation: 28

Jan 13, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Excellent advice above, Boards of Nursing likely wouldn't license someone with a drug conviction of any kind. Sorry not to have good news.

You could look into other allied health fields (radiology or mental health counselling).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Driving Schools for Ex-Felons [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone provide names of reputable truck driving schools who accept those with a felony?

Truck driving schools for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Truck driving schoos for felons

Truck driving schools for felons [ 3 Answers ]

If you are convicted of a felony is there a truck driving school that will teach you

Nursing schools [ 1 Answers ]

Im from N.J. and I am a junior right now, I am thinking about pursuing a career in the medical field any good choices for colleges?

View more questions Search