Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsgreenmm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 12:21 PM
    Summons
    What do I do? A person has been trying to serve me with a summons to go to court on a credit card debt. Do I take it or don't take it so that they will leave me alone?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 06:18 PM

Ou have no idea do you ? If you don't take it, they will serve you either by public notice or another allowed method, meaning you will never know where and when the court date is, and you will just lose, the other side will win everything they are asking for, even if not correct.

So you don't take it, and just lose, or take it, and at least try and defend yourself, or have the rights to.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2010, 06:58 PM

If they can't serve you, they will not leave you alone. I don't know where you got such a ridiculous idea. Let them serve you so you can try and fight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deceptive summons and credit card info on my summons [ 20 Answers ]

I received my first summons in Feb. 2009. It stated that I needed to state in writing ny defense and deliver to the attorney within 20 days. I wrote it up and faxed it because the are in Seattle and I am in Yakima. I have the receipt of fax. On the 2nd summons it states that since I didn't file and...

CC summons [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Garry. I hope this site can help with a problem that I have. I have just been served with a summons from an attorney's office. Brumbaudh & Quandahl PC from Omaha, Nebr. There is no court date. Just a summons to respond in 30 days. This is for a credit card debt of appx....

Summons [ 6 Answers ]

I tried to look to see if there was a similar question first but couldn't find anything. I had a car repoed about 6 years ago, I originally bought the car in FL and it was repoed in FL. When I pull my credit report etc it shows my current address in FL. But I received a summons for the amount...

Summons what do I do [ 1 Answers ]

I received a summons the other day.. The summons said.. You are hereby directed to serve a pleading or motion in response to the Complaint within thirty days after the service of this Summons, and file the same, all as provided by law. You are notified that, unless you serve and file a...

View more questions Search