Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skioice Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 04:22 AM
    What is Love? Your Definition of True love. And Loves among our society.
    Hello all,
    I'm 18 years old virgin. And I am curious about people's definition of love.
    ( especially about gay love)
    Does True love can appear between the same sexes?
    I want to hear from you about your true love and your definition of True Love. Does it exist?
    I just want to hear it from you concern with your belief, experiences, society and even from your friend's ideas that you like to share.
    I'll also share mine with you all.
    Thanks your taking your time :)

In my opinion__actually, if we really know it, we do not need to define it again, I think. ( it= true love ). Love is not scientific enough to review the definitions. Love is not realistic enough to study right in front of you.
    Love is not effective enough as lust cause it has no chemicals. Love is not a truth but a feeling which is specially emerge from the different relationships, including friendship.
    Love is prominent among your feelings and 5 senses and even relating to the 6th sense. Love is not that creative as Arts. Its simply complicated enough to be defined.
    So, I also still cannot find my true love. Actually its just a term coined from the strong feelings between ppl(same sex, different sex, every one and even with the objects like your cars, foods etc... )
    Hope you like this.
    __skio
    serenemeadow Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Jan 1, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Hi there, 18 year old straight virgin here.
    For myself, I recognize three definitions of true love.

First is from the book of Corinthians,
    "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

Second is from the song 'I Believe' by the Blessed Union of Souls.

And third comes from the chemicals in our brain. One of them is called Oxytocin I think.

In my opinion though, there is only 1 type of love and that in unconditional love. The type parents feel for their children. To give as much as you can, without expecting anything back.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 10:40 AM

I like how the Romans explained love --

Eros -- self-centered love, I am the most important in the relationship
    Philos - brotherly love, we are the most important in the relationship
    Agape - sacrificial, unconditional love, you are the most important in the relationship

Jan 1, 2011, 10:05 PM
    Comment on serenemeadow's post
    Thank you xoo much :)

Jan 1, 2011, 10:05 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks a lot to you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A christian hip hop song that says Jesus is the definition of love. [ 0 Answers ]

You would die for your mom or dad, but what about your enemies? Something like that.. I'm only interested in ideas, not your opinion of christian hip hop.

I love her a lot I think she loves me too but she said to me that she love other [ 2 Answers ]

Ilove her a lot I think she loves me too but she told me that she love some one else but she talk to me through phone she told me soon get married to some other person & she stop talking to me.

Is "love at first sight" true love? [ 12 Answers ]

I find that this is just an immidiate impression of a person that makes the person feel very happy suddently. It might feel like love because you like the way they look, the sound of their voice, their personality? Has anyone of you married someone that originally been attracted that way? Love...

What is your definition of unconditional love? [ 9 Answers ]

What is your definition of unconditional love? Do you believe there really could be a relationship where you could love someone unconditionally, more than you love yourself? What are the limitations? And when do you just say I’ve had enough and walk away from a relationship that is showing signs of...

View more questions Search