Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brizzy88 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Dec 30, 2010, 11:37 PM
    Never Been Kissed(wack but it caught your attention, didn't it?)
    Hey, how's it going?
    Okay to the point. I'm a 22 year female going to college and though it's never really bothered me before, I have to ask for some advice. Ya see, I've never dated, not even that fake dating you do with the boy you like when you're 9. Never. I've never flirted and most importantly, never kissed. So what's the problem? That could be asked in many ways but I prefer just saying I was a late bloomer to the relationship world. It's not that I didn't now it was there, I just didn't care and it didn't help that I wasn't really attracted to anyone. So here I am, 22 and with nothing to show but a bunch of really weird friends. Sure some are hot, but I feel I'd be more uncomfortable dating them then a complete stranger.

Here are something's to realize about me:
    1)I'm a home-body
    2)I don't like parties
    3)I tend to be one of the guys
    4)I'm shy. Sad be true
    5)As I don't like being embarrassed, I'll likely never openly come on to a guy
    6)I get uncomfortable around intimacy... a lot.

So my question is:What's a girl to do?
    dhflowers2 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2010, 12:11 AM
    Ok so yes maybe you are a bit different than some people but there are a lot of woman just like you. First thing is you are understanding those things about you which is important. If you were oblivious to those things then you would be and we would be completely lost on what to do or help with. You HAVE to find a situation you ar comfortable with. If you are comfortabl reading then join a book club without your friends. Do something out of the ordinary. When you are with your friends you are less likely to have a guy even try to talk to you because you already have a group of people around and you wold not be open either because you have them there. I suggest this awesome site. It is called meetup.com. I moved cross country and meeting people can be hard, girl or guy. By being in a group you can pick you passion. If you like to knit then be in a knitting group, same with reading, or hiking, or going to dog parks, or singles, or pretty much any hobby. It would be nice for you because it is a group of shy people that are meeting for the first time. You both work to build the relationship and you pick which group events you go to. When you are comfortable you can invite them out to hang out with you seperatly than your frieds. If you mix the two groups then the odds of being thrown back in the friends category is high considering you let yourself throw off that vibe. When you go to the group remind yourself to be open minded and just make friends and everything else will flow if you set yourself a goal.
    Scheat Posts: 18, Reputation: 7

Jan 4, 2011, 11:54 AM
    This doesn't like something that's keeping you awake at night,so why don't you try to relax and let things happen?I'm a bit more concerned about the fact that you're a home body and get uncomfortable around intimacy.You need to let go of the fear to approach people,or at least let people approach you.I'm sure you'll find someone interesting,you need to look in the right places,go to places where you like to be and do things you enjoy and eventually you'll meet someone who likes the same things as you.Next time you meet someone atractive,don't turn them into a friend-try to flirt,maybe by being mysterious and reserved,maybe by touching your hair and licking your lips and doing all those seemingly innocent girly moves,whatever feels easier.
    LightCross Posts: 87, Reputation: 29

Jan 6, 2011, 06:14 AM
    First, you're not shy your just kind of introverted at least that is what I can catch, unlike most people you tend to have smaller circle of friends, people and friendship work like chemical, developing friendship with people means 'dissolving' with them because something inside you just 'click' with them, for some people however this 'click' feeling rarely happen because they can't just 'dissolve' easily with other people. Just some real life experience I have one university friend of mine he is a pretty smart guy and pretty kind also however just like you he just not be able to fit in with most people, he tends to have smaller circle of friend and all I can say is he is an awesome guy.

So what if you never been kissed?So what if you never dated?That doesn't make you lower than other people ,your just unique and different, but ofc this sentence doesn't mean that you shouldn't improve yourself, as for now try to find things you interested at, for example if you interested in music go to some music club in there you can find some people with same interest at you and begin social process with them, it won't be easy at first but eventually you will be able to and find friends that can trigger that 'click' feeling
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizzy88 View Post
    Hello Brizzy:

A girl is NOT to come onto a website for the first time and rate a LONGTIME member with a BAD review, then sit around and not expect a response from me...

My answer was perfect.. I don't know what you didn't like about it... But, I don't like YOU.

excon

Feb 26, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Actually I can and I just did. What you wrote was rude and useless. If you've been on here so long then you might want to start finding better things to do then acting like a jerk. Oh, and l don't care about what you think, like, care, cause you're I don't think, like or care about you.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:18 PM

Brizzy88,

If you expect people on this site to help you out, then perhaps you need to be respectful.

Please read the rules on how to rate a member.
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizzy88 View Post
    Here are something's to realize about me:
    1)I'm a home-body
    2)I don't like parties
    3)I tend to be one of the guys
    4)I'm shy. Sad be true
    5)As I don't like being embarrassed, I'll likely never openly come on to a guy
    6)I get uncomfortable around intimacy...a lot.

You just answered your own question.

These are most likely reasons you haven't been kissed or dated.

You don't put yourself out there.

Perhaps you should start putting yourself out there. Go places, see people, go to the movies, the library, the park, church, any where, where you will meet nice people.

Strike up a conversation with people. Most importantly... be respectful of others.

Feb 26, 2011, 04:40 PM
    Comment on Enigma1999's post
    I'm respectful but you have to earn it. I know how to rate someone and If the answer or comment is bad, then it will rated as bad. There's very few ways of doing that nicely. If me being honest about the fact that someone's answer was useless, won't get me any "help" then so be it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:45 PM

You asked, What's a girl to do? It doesn't matter what "a girl" wants to do. What do YOU want to do?

Are you willing to change how you do things, how you communicate, how you interact with people?

Feb 26, 2011, 04:47 PM
    I'm a home body, not a hermit. I've been to all those places many, many times. I do strike up conversations and yes, I am respectful. I'm not 12, I'm 22. Let me tell what has come from that... friends. Lots and lots of friends. That or weirdo's. I think I may just be too strong a personality. I'm not saying that your information isn't helpful, but it's something I already know. I'll ignore your 'respectful' themed comments (like I'm stupid or something) and just say thanks.
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:50 PM

Brizzy,

If you know how to rate someone, then you would ALSO know that you only give reddies based off fact. Meaning that if the answer that was given is either incorrect or detrimental to someone's health. Or just all around BAD advice.

In your case, you rated someone based off your opinion. He was not wrong, nor was the advice bad in any way shape or form...

As time goes on, you will learn this.
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 04:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a home body, not a hermit. I've been to all those places many, many times. I do strike up conversations and yes, I am respectful. I'm not 12, I'm 22. Let me tell what has come from that... friends. Lots and lots of friends. That or weirdo's. I think I may just be too strong a personality. I'm not saying that your information isn't helpful, but it's something I already know. I'll ignore your 'respectful' themed comments (like I'm stupid or something) and just say thanks.

That! That right there is why you can't get a guy!

You are very rude. I don't want your "Thanks"..

It's not sincere. So don't waste your time by saying that.

You come on here asking for help, and to be honest, I believe that everyone has given good advice, including myself. We are here to help people out.

Like you... Respect is earned.

Feb 26, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Of course, but think about it this way, if I do it the classic, lazy way and meet someone at a bar, they'll asome I drink and/or go to bars. I don't. If I meet them at a party, more then likely, they're party people. I'm not. So far, socially we have nothing in common. Sure I can try meeting someone in act the places I hang, but they tend to be more uptight, too young and too old. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but personally realistic. Maybe I should refraze what I'm really what to ask: I need some dating tips. Anybody know any good places to meet people?

Feb 26, 2011, 05:00 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Okay, without thinking, I posted that comment before I got around to completely spell checking it. Sorry.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 05:07 PM

Please scroll down a bit to use the Answer box (not the Comment box). That way we will be able to quote and respond to any of what you've typed. Also, you'll be able to edit your post.

If you were my client, we'd get right down to it and dive into CBT -- cognitive-behavioral therapy. Do you know how that works?

Speaking of clients, would you ever consider running some of this past a counselor, maybe for two or three sessions at least?

Feb 26, 2011, 05:27 PM
    You know what, in truth, I don't care what you think. A review or rating is based of opinion. That's why there are so many different ones. There's little ways around it on a site like this and if you say rude, nasty stuff, it is generally bad advise. How does calling someone a "old cocker" when she is sincerely asking a question, rate as anything but? Really it doesn't even matter to me what you think about it cause it actually has nothing to do with you.
    If I didn't mean the "thanks" I wouldn't put the time into writing it. As you like to put it, I'm rude, and as such why would a brother spilling words of gratitude if I don't mean it. This is the internet. I'm not obligated to act like I'm a nice person cause I don't you and don't personally care about you. Dude, if I cared that much about getting a guy, I would have done it when I was a teenager. It not hard to find guys that like me (that's where you are confused), it's hard for me to find guys I like.

Feb 26, 2011, 05:30 PM
    I asked this question to get advise, not get talked down to. You go on and on about respect but you over look it yourself. I'm not stupid and if you talk rudely to me, I talk rudely you. Simple people interaction 101. That's all there is to it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2011, 05:36 PM

Hello again, B:

Do you know the meaning of the word "cocker"? You don't and you didn't bother to find out. You just assumed it was something bad. You know what people who assume are, don't you?

excon
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 05:39 PM

Mkay...

I think it's time to close this thread.

Would someone please do the honors?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wack blood sugar level [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am Type 2 Diadetes. My Fasting blood Sugar is 6.5 to 8.00 on North American scale. However The problem is If consume anything Sweet like Cake or Chocalate in Night. My Fasting is Normal ( Under 6.5). But if I rigrously follow my meal plan it shoots up to 9 or 10 My docter says...

Things have been a bit out of wack [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question for all the knowledgeable people out there. I had sex with my boyfriend last Friday I believe it was the 17th. Than I started spotting on the 19th... mind you two weeks earlier than my usual period. It also only lasted three days... my usual periods last a week. I noticed...

Firing sequence is out of wack [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I wrote: My Bryant Furnace works OK, except that it doesn't seem to be firing up in the proper sequence. Pilot light should ignite and then a short time later burners should ignite and blower should start. As unit is now, blower starts same time as pilot light goes on and then after a...

Wack argument [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I have not asked in a while but I do not no what to do!! My ex is being so retardid! I mean I loce the kid and he was my first love but I can still not get over him!! I tried doing what everyone told me to do but we got in an argument the other night and he told me to fugure out what I want...

View more questions Search