Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brizzy88 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Feb 26, 2011, 05:53 PM
    Wondergirl: I'll write this here cause I'm being considerate, but I have to wonder what you meant by that comment. I don't believe I need someone to tell me what's wrong with me. I already generally know. When people tell me something I already concluded, I lose interest. It's the way my personality is and It's likely not to change. I'm just a girl that knows herself well and as such, points out the facts about myself I know some won't understand or get along with.
    Sorry if I sound rude. Apparently some people don't always get it when I'm just being blunt and truthful. I don't always like to move around the bush.
    Yes, I do know what CBT is and how it works.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizzy88 View Post
    Wondergirl: I'll write this here cause I'm being considerate, but I have to wonder what you meant by that comment. I don't believe I need someone to tell me what's wrong with me.
    First, thank you for using the Answer box. That makes it so much easier for me to respond to you.

Why on earth do you think my suggesting a counselor is so you can be told what's wrong with you? How did you ever get that notion?? That's not how it works!
    Yes, I do know what CBT is and how it works.
    In light of what you said above, I find it hard to believe you really understand CBT. Please tell me.

Feb 26, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Well I'll be darned, I think you might have just gone in upped me there but wait, Here, where I live, calling anyone old anything, is rude. But that wasn't why I thought it was your response was useless. It didn't answer what she asked. She never said she was trying to control her sons life, she said she didn't like the girlfriend cause she was being disrespectful to her families beliefs. If you have a child that is dating someone disrespectful to you and your family, would you what that person around your family. Uh, no.

Feb 26, 2011, 06:21 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Sure, it's best not to try and impose yourself upon your kids and telling what they should do in their lifes but you have to let them know how you feel about it. If you see that this is really a racist, prejudiced, or mean person, will you not say anything because you kid is grown and know there own person? No. Your advice is good for overbearing, don't have a life moms. From what I read, she was not. Just concerned about what she believes may not turn out to be a positive relationship for her son or her family.
    Now, as far as the old cocker comment goes, will I guess I'm sorry. Kind of. Misinterpreted what you wrote and confused it with something else. My bad. I can admit that, but it doesn't change my opinion.

Feb 26, 2011, 06:38 PM
    In light of what you said above, I find it hard to believe you really understand CBT. Please tell me.Maybe I'm wrong but I do believe it is to help me understand why I think and behave a certain way emotionally. To help me solve certain problems that I myself am have troubles reaching through, etc, etc. through talking, certain activities or tests. Like why I have feel uncomfortable around intimacy and stuff. It's therapy, basically.

Feb 26, 2011, 06:56 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Maybe I was wrong, maybe I wasn't, but in then end, I ask people to please be adults and get over it. One negative rating is not going to stop people from taking your advice. I saw your advice and interpreted it as not helpful. She, on the other had, may think otherwise. Whatever. Rotten tomato/ Dinner.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 06:59 PM
    WG: In light of what you said above, I find it hard to believe you really understand CBT. Please tell me.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I do believe it is to help me understand why I think and behave a certain way emotionally. To help me solve certain problems that I myself am have troubles reaching through, etc, etc. through talking, certain activities or tests. Like why I have feel uncomfortable around intimacy and stuff. It's therapy, basically.
    It can be used like that. Yeah, that would be the therapeutic version. It can also be used in much more creative ways, ways that will help you much more concretely accomplish your goals. But then, you've never really told me (yet) what your goals are.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 07:04 PM
    help me understand why I think and behave a certain way emotionally.
    Actually, no, that's not what CBT is or does. "Why" isn't part of it; "how" is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wack blood sugar level [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am Type 2 Diadetes. My Fasting blood Sugar is 6.5 to 8.00 on North American scale. However The problem is If consume anything Sweet like Cake or Chocalate in Night. My Fasting is Normal ( Under 6.5). But if I rigrously follow my meal plan it shoots up to 9 or 10 My docter says...

Things have been a bit out of wack [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a question for all the knowledgeable people out there. I had sex with my boyfriend last Friday I believe it was the 17th. Than I started spotting on the 19th... mind you two weeks earlier than my usual period. It also only lasted three days... my usual periods last a week. I noticed...

Firing sequence is out of wack [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I wrote: My Bryant Furnace works OK, except that it doesn't seem to be firing up in the proper sequence. Pilot light should ignite and then a short time later burners should ignite and blower should start. As unit is now, blower starts same time as pilot light goes on and then after a...

Wack argument [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I have not asked in a while but I do not no what to do!! My ex is being so retardid! I mean I loce the kid and he was my first love but I can still not get over him!! I tried doing what everyone told me to do but we got in an argument the other night and he told me to fugure out what I want...

View more questions Search