Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debanhis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 09:16 PM
    Questions about parachutes
    Okay so I've benn trying to help my 4th grade sister how to slve her science fair project the she has due this Monday!! And I have a answered and worked on everything but I still have few questions that I have no clue how to answer.Could you please help me and my sister out these teachers are crazy I don't even know how to answer this it's insane!!
    1)what is the best shape for a parachute
    1a)what would the drop height be?
    1b)what would the wind be?
    1c)what would the area be?
    2a)last but not least approximatly what would be the time for a parachute to completely descend.
    zakwebb Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 25, 2011, 09:51 AM
    1. Rectangular is currently being used for skydiving but if you are talking small scale then I think circular should be best.
    A It depends on the shape of the parachute
    B preferably no down drafts or crosswinds or wind shear
    C I don't understand the question
    2 If it was from 100 meters I would say 30 seconds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Me and my boyfriend play 20 questions and I need questions [ 3 Answers ]

We play 20 questions a lot and I ran out of questions help

Three questions... [ 6 Answers ]

I've read through just about every question posted trying to find information on Daschund pregnancies. What I've found is not any help at all! The reason being is that we have only had our dog for just about a month now. We got her through some people who had picked up the abandoned dogs... the...

View more questions Search