Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blackhawk505 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 07:23 PM
    TV Connections
    I have a Sanyo LCD HDTV model # DP52440,a Motorola cable box Model # DCH6200,and a Sony Blu-ray Disc/DVD Home Theater System model # HBD-E370.Im wanting to hook all three up together but diagrams look like a nightmare.Dose anyone have a simple diagram .Thanks.James.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 07:59 PM

Your best bet is to run a separate HDMI cable from both the CATV and disk player to different inputs on the TV.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 31, 2010, 06:47 AM

First, is the Sony model a recorder? Second, how many HDMI inputs does the TV have? Third, Does the Cable box have an HDMI output (I assume the Sony does).

Assuming that the Sony is not a recorder and that the TV has at least 2 HDMI inputs and that the Cable box and Sony both have HDMI outputs its VERY simple. You run HDMI cables from the Cable box and Sony into individual Inputs on the TV.

If you want to take advantage of the Sony for cable broadcasts, then you also need to run an output from the cable box to the Sony. This can be a separate output from the cablebox or you pass the cable signal into the Sony THEN into the TV.

P.S. I've merged your three threads, please don't start multiple threads with the same question.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 08:06 AM

Good morning.

I took a look at the Quick Setup page on the Sony website.

I could only look at the BVD-E370 because, according to the website the HVD E370 is only sold in Canada.

From the pics I saw, I do not understand your confusion.

It appears that you connect the Speaker with the Red - White - Purple - Green. These wires go to the 4 side speakers. (bottom left rear panel).

The sub woofer and center speaker connect at the bottom center of the rear panel (Gray - Blue).

From the TV to the controller, you can use the HDMI interface. This is the flat ended cable. It carries both Video and sound to the TV.

If your TV is not equipped for an HDMI interface, but is a Digital TV, then you can use a "Component" cable. This is a 3 plug cable. Red - Green - Blue.

If your TV is a standard TV, then you need a "Composite" cable. It is a single plug cable that is usually yellow.

It looks like you controller will not accept an HDMI cable from your cable box. That means you are limited to either a Digital sound cable (fiber optic) or a red - white cable for sound.

The controller also will only take a composite cable from the cable box to the controller for video "In" from the cable box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spirit connections [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if spirts can hear what you say. I have a history with feeling there presence from since I was a kid. I just don't know how to better understand the feelings I have. I have herd noises and have felt things mostly good but one time I felt something and I looked around my room...

Connections to my receiver [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to connect my DVR cable box 1 HDMI,TV 2 HDMI,DVD 1 HDMI,sub woofer,speakers,to my sony receiver 3 HDMI?

Connections to TV [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my computer to a television to show downloaded videos on the TV

Wire connections [ 2 Answers ]

When replacing thermostat need to know what colors of the wires go to what letters. Switching from Trane to ritetemp quick start 8022c

View more questions Search