Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kayaking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 07:19 PM
    Can a woman in the state of Texas put anyone's woman's name on the birth certificate?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 07:44 PM

No, it would be fraud and illegal
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 30, 2010, 08:10 PM

No. The birth certificate is a legal document. If you don't put the correct name(s) on it you would be committing fraud.
    katt86 Posts: 144, Reputation: 9

Dec 31, 2010, 10:04 AM

what sort of question is this? Whether you live in Texas, australia or even on the moon it is illegal to put a random persons name on a birth certificate. I can not understand why you would want to do this
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 11:50 AM

I am assuming perhaps they were trying to get around adoption and use another women's name , just may guess.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 12:27 PM
    I am not sure what OP is asking.

Can a birth mother put another name on the BC as the mother?

Strictly speaking, Vital Statistics puts the names on the BC. The parents simply report the information to them.

But for the birth mother to "put" another name on the BC as mother would be absurd. Witnesses such as attending physician wouldn't sign such a bogus report.

This seems to be the report used by Texas vital statistics. It's strange, because there doesn't seem to be any place for the informant (mother) to sign, or even identify herself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I put my name on my sons birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

My son is 2 years and 2 months old. His mother never put me on the birth certificate and she didn't give him my surname. I have a court order in place and I exercise regular contact with my son (including sleep overs). I also pay CSRA payments to her as she has informed them I am his father. There...

How to put fathers name on a Maryland state birth certificate? [ 1 Answers ]

In 2006 when my son was born I was living in Maryland and his dad in philadelphia the rules in Maryland was the dad had to be present to sign the birth certificate since he wasn't there it was left blank but now he want it on there just want to know how to go about doing we live in philly now so...

How can I be put on my child's birth certificate? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I be put pon my child's birth certificate?

Should I put father's name on Birth Certificate? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I recently moved from New York to South Carolina and am 9 months pregnant. The father and I are still very close but not together. I do not know if I should put his name on the birth certificate when the child is born. I do not plan on taking the father to court for child support and...

What would a woman want somebody to sign the birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

What are all the reasons that a woman would want someone to sign the birth certificate

View more questions Search