Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scot3333 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 11:49 AM
    1992 Honda Civic Dx,how Do You Test Igniter?
    How Do You Test Ithe Igniter?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2007, 11:54 AM
    Take it to Autozone or O'Reilly Auto and they will test it for free. Personally, I recommend replacing igniters and coils at 120,000 miles or 10 years, whichever comes first. They are problematic components. Remember to apply silicone grease to the back of the igniter, before installation.

You may want to read sections A and B in the link below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post229012

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Civic Won't Start [ 10 Answers ]

Hi - We Have A 1992 Honda Civic, Original Owners. A Few Weeks Ago While Driving The Car's Check Engine Light Came On Suddenly And Then Cut Off. Had To Have It Towed To A Car Dealership That Told Us It Would Be About 1200-1500 Dollars To Fix The Car, Because The Distributor And Ecu Was Bad. We...

What is igniter? Honda civic [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Could you explain me about igniter. What is that? I did not find about that in my manual book . Can I test it before changing and how? Thank you a lot for helping. :)

1992 honda civic died on me [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. 3 weeks ago my civic began to mis and loss power for 2days.After driving it for about 20 minutes and reving the egine it ran normal. It smelled like something buning before the first 20 minutes of running.the third last time I drove it ,after 20minutes I reved the engine smelled like...

1992 Honda Civic LX will not start [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: When you turn the key nothing happens, doesn’t try to turn over, no clicking, nothing. All electrical devices are working fine (radio, lights, wipers), and the engine light doesn’t come on. This has happened before a couple of other times, but usually after trying a few times it does...

ECU input to Igniter (ICM) on 1993 Honda Civic DPFI [ 0 Answers ]

How do you measure the input from the ECU to the ignitor (ICM) (YEL/GRN wire)?? This input tells the ignitor when to ground the -ve side of the primary coil. My multimeter registers a non zero small voltage when cranking, but since the response is very low on my meter, I don't think I'm...

View more questions Search