Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dovetrinity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Do I have to serve my husband with 30 day eviction papers if nothing is in his name?
    My husband and I have lived together for 2 years and separated in October for a month. When we separated we moved into separate homes and in my house everything is in my name including bills. He doesn't even get mail there what so ever. We are separating again and he told me he refuses to leave unless I serve him with 30 day eviction papers. Is that true?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 30, 2010, 05:03 PM
    You say you separated and are in separate homes and then say he won't move out? Of your house or another house you are paying for? (I assume you let him move in with you, but you sort of skipped over that step.) Did you ever file a formal separation? What state are you in?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 30, 2010, 05:14 PM

It doesn't matter that nothing is in his name. Its likely that he can prove he has established residence which would mean you would have to evict him. Alternatively you can file for divorce and that might force him out.

I would consult a divorce attorney first.
    ckidd75 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 09:04 AM
    I have been through this and yes even though you are divorced you will still have to give eviction papers. I had a boyfriend that I had to do this with. We had no kids,never married and everything was in my name but because he got mail at my residence I had to evict him. It won't take long... sorry babe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My brother needs to serve papers but we don't have an address for the recipient. [ 3 Answers ]

My oldest brother got into a relationship with a young woman with two children from a prior relationship. He and this woman became pregnant with a little girl. They ended their relationship, and since my niece has been born (almost two years now) no one in this family has seen her more than a...

Can I proceed with the divorce if he won't serve me the papers? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been separated from soon to be ex for over a year. He filed for divorce in January, but won't serve me the papers. I have tried to contact his attorney since I'm being served papers about division of assets. The only assests we have is the home we bought right before he left. I would like to...

Can you fool someone to serve them papers? [ 11 Answers ]

If you have a third party build a rapport and convince someone they are expecting a package in the mail with business they are anxious to get, can you instead serve them their papers to your small claims suit against them, using certified mail or Fed Ex with signature to verify delivery?

Can't serve order to show cause papers to ex. [ 4 Answers ]

My husband has hired an attorney and her process server was not able to serve the ex girlfriend papers so he can visit with his 2 boys- then we hired sheriffs and the tried 5 times at her work and also could not serve her because her work said she no longer worked there or that she wasn't at...

How to find contractor to serve court papers in Michigan [ 10 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I have been in a dispute with this roofing contractor for two years now. I really regret not taking him to court when I knew where he lived. He has since moved. I reported him to the state for bad workmanship. They don't seem to have trouble sending him mail at his new address. I filed...

View more questions Search