Ask
    spolecne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 10:37 AM
    Spybot
    Search & Destroy cannot delete the HKYE_USERS\S-1-5-21. Any idea why
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Probably because it's in use. Try booting up in Safe Mode then running Spybot (make sure it's updated).
    SuffolSilver Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 05:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spolecne
    Search & Destroy cannot delete the HKYE_USERS\S-1-5-21. Any idea why
    I just wonder why you should want to delete this - or why S & D is trying to do so. Another question on this site asks "Have people had problems after deleting it.
    spolecne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 02:07 PM
    There is the problem to be fixed so I was curios how to delete it. It seems that it won't bother to have HKYE_USERS\S-105021 in my computer.
    SuffolSilver Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 02:17 PM
    Hi again,
    The impression I got from other places on the net was that Spybot, though usually very good, sometimes comes up with a 'false positive' i.e. reports something that is not spyware, and that this is the case here. So, carry on regardless ! But I think you will find it is actually HKEY_USERS. That is what is usually found in the register.
    K:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spybot destroyed my PC ,help [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Guyz, I'm having serious problems on my computer, after I've ran spybot search & destroy (I) I can't open Adobe Reader documents in I nternet Explorer (ii) Can't open any .exe files display message unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Can...

SpyBot [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use AdAware_SE, which has updates about every week. I also use SpyBot, but it hasn't had any updates for awhile now. Also use Spyware Blaster, with regular updates. Does anyone use a different free program, other than AdAware_SE, and Spyware Blaster, that you find has regular updates? I...

SpyBot [ 5 Answers ]

Windows2000 I have run SpyBot for some while. (I also run AdAware). Spybut used to run a full scan relatively quickly but currently seems to have slowed down - and getting slower. Any help appreciated. GeorgeH.

Spybot [ 1 Answers ]

I ran spybot s&d came up with error during check cabrotor[Datei:C:\windows\winiini Kan nic what does that mean?

Spybot entries [ 4 Answers ]

First I would like to say, "Greetings, and thanks for having me." As of late, I have been bopping in and out of the Registry, I noticed my teenage daughter has a bunch of these Spybot problem entries in her registry that I didn't notice in mine. EZulu, Hotbar are two that come to mind.  I...

View more questions Search