Jun 21, 2003, 06:31 PM
    Publishing a book
    How can I get published inexpensively?
    What are the best publishing companies?
    anniebananie426 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2003, 06:31 PM
    Publishing a book
    Hello, Nichole,
    It should cost you nothing to publish. The publisher pays you. Do you want to publish a book or articles? If you want to publish a book, you should find a literary agent. I think their organization is called The Association of Authors' Representatives. A reputable agent will read your manuscript at no charge and, if he or she likes it and thinks it's saleable, will shop it around to publishers. Some agents have a lot more clout than others, but without recommendations to specific ones, it's hard to know who those are, unless they're with big companies. It's considered bad form to submit your manuscript or proposal to more than one agent at a time. Many of them have web sites with submission guidelines, so follow those.
    Good luck.
    Anniebananie426

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Publishing a book [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about 95% complete with my book. I have written it to sell. It's over 72,000 words. What is the best format (Font, size, spacing) to convert my Word document for sending to publishers and book agents. Anybody know a good agent?

Publishing [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs?

Publishing a coloring book [ 3 Answers ]

I am interested in self publishing a coloring book. I am not an artist though. I have many ideas and will have to hire someone to do the graphics. Any suggestions on how to get started. I have searched for info on the web and cannot find anything on how to publish a coloring book. The only...

CSS e-Book [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am in need of an Advanced CSS e-Book. Any links would help me a lot. Sincere Regards Shaikh M. Zaid.

Publishing [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get books published and how much it costs? My wife is writing children's books.

View more questions Search