Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Thanks to CBW, Chippers, Synnen and Joe - oh and Chantix (the medicine), I've stopped for 3 months now.

I am so in love with cigarettes. They are my best friend. I miss them. I hate them. I want one... BUT I refuse to go back.

I hope all of you that want to stop, I hope it happens for you. You really have to want it.
    But if you are not ready, we still love you anyway.

It's hard as heck - just makes me so mad at the nicotene companies, cause I swear they do this to all of us on purpose. I heard they lace the cigarettes with a more addictive ingredient that keeps smokers hooked. HOW DARE THEY. So when you want to smoke, just think about that!!

We can do this! All of us together.
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

May 2, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mariaeyre
    Hi there, I am a new member to the site but I can give you advice on this matter as I am trying to stop smoking as well. This is the first attempt in 31 years of not smoking and for the first two months not too bad. I have had to have help with the patches which I must say are brilliant - there is no way I could go cold turkey and I personally believe if you cease something your body is used to instantly then you will react more. The third month is more difficult for me, I have had a couple of cigs here and there - I admit complacency has taken a hold and I have to pull myself back from it but in the short space of time I have noticed my house smells nicer, my hair does not smell, my teeth and gums will benefit and I have not smoked 1460 fags in the time I have stopped. Some people say I have failed because I gave in a few times and had one but 1460 cigs I would have smoked is not failure to me. Get the patches they do work. One day at a time thats all you have if you can do 24 hours, start again 2moro with 24 hours. Trust me it will work and I do not plan on being a smoker again and roll on 1st July so the temptation is away from me in public places. Maria
    Is your picture a cat or another animal?
    spea94 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina _4

I think it's a bunny! :p
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Its most definitely a bunny is name is harry :D we adopted him two weeks ago

May 2, 2007, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    Its most definately a bunny is name is harry :D we adopted him two weeks ago

congrats!!
    Harry is cute!!

My daughter wanted a bunny but they said its not good to have bunny with young kids.. so we got cats =)
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Hehehehehehe we got both ;) two cats that live indoors and a bunny our daughter is 19 months and loves him to death she has to go out to see him three times a day.

May 2, 2007, 01:43 PM
    How sweet!

Now my daughter (6) wants a Dog... she changes her mind daily! My son (4) doesn't care! He loves cars, trucks and trains...

Kids are so wonderful!

May 2, 2007, 01:47 PM
    [QUOTE=curlybenswife]Its most definitely a bunny is name is harry :D we adopted him two weeks ago[/QUOTE
    I meant the picture of Mariaeyre, it looks like a black cat with yellow eyes.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Oooooo that's a cat isn't it sweet I didn't see that before :D

May 2, 2007, 06:15 PM
    oooooo thats a cat isnt it sweet i didnt see that before :D

Yes, she is so cute. I love cats... mine is grey and white and her name is Kayla, Loosinda, Bassoon and Bassooni. Bassoon means cat in the Arabic language.
    lilkittenx2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2007, 06:28 PM
    Well i havent had a cigi since 8am this morning it was the last one now ive tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking and im just not flipping strong enough to do it i always cave in.
    Now i know theres no easy way to do this and i have to admit boy am i feeling dizzy and funny but i can't give in i need to do this for millie not just for myself.

So is there anyone out there with any words of wisdom and dont what ever you do lecture me on whats in a cigi it wont do a thing the women at the clinic tried that and i just laughed and said look i already have arsonic in me so thats really not gonna scare me into stopping. I want support not a telling off after all im an adult not a pubescent teen.

Thank in advance hugs

Laura
    You can do it> My mom was able to do it. She has not had a cigirette in like almost a yr and 1/2. Im so proud. She did it for me too not just for her. Sometimes you may feel like you can't do it anymore. Then just think about who and why your doing it. Then think about something else. You'll forget about it. Sometimes the days go by slow. But when you don't think about it it goes by so much faster. And you will feel better too. And also the reason why my mom qiut was she got a liver cancer. So she had like she really had to do it. Im not trying to scare you with the cancer cause cancer runs in my family with women. But anyway. Just not think about it and think about what positive things may come out of quitting. :)
    chippers Posts: 440, Reputation: 88

May 2, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    I'm still smoke free!

4 months and 2 days!

(someone PLEASE pass me a cigarette!)

I'll send you a cig and a match in a glass tube. That'll read in case of emergencies, break glass.
    I'm still hanging in there with 3 cans of caffienated soda. Mostly diet except for morning. I drink it in a coffee cup and fool the moms at the school bus stop. Hehehe.
    My waist line is widdling down a little. I can breathe when I get in my car again.
    Hehe chippers:cool:

Well fellow goddesses, (those who have joined us lately, rina, spea, kitten maria. If I missed anyone, forgive me.
    I have a conffession to make. During the past month, I had a few cigs. Not many just a few. Dealing with my Mom's passing and helping out dad giving her clothes to charity, I fell off the branch and hit everyone on the way down.
    So, I'm back to square one and I'm not worried. I got the gum and I'm doing pretty good. I'll be back up soon enough.
    By the way all you cat lovers, you're in good company here. We all pretty much have them. Mine are chips, tom,snuggles,
    Tori, sparks, and pru.
    Cbw, I'm sorry I missed your post about person #2. I am so happy for you. Kids are wonderful and I'm sure Millie will just love being the 'big sister". Hawee will pass around Hershey bars. Can't pass cigars beings we're quitting smoking.
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 01:39 AM
    Giggle we have lots of practicing to do before no2 is made ;) but there's no harm in trying right?

My isn't today is 7 cigs all day I'm gradually cutting it down I'm not rushing it when I get to 5 then ill go back to clinic and aggravate the women there giggle.

Hope everyone has a great day xxxxxxxxxx love to you all xxxxxxxxxxx
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 02:03 AM
    Awww chippers - don't you dare be hard on yourself. Special hugs to our favorite gal.

CBW - Remember Practice Practice Practice... and Practice again ;)
    Whatever number you are aiming for - Only put that number in the pack. Okay? Now, if you kept all of the rest of us on the top branch, surely you can get your arse up here!!

Special hugs and love to one and all.
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Giggle me and chippers are sat on this lower branch laughing at you and sin you really should 'nt wear skirts while sat on that branch tee hee we can see your undies chuckle
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 02:57 AM
    Um - giggle if you must Miss CBW, but Synn and I have met the nicest of gentlemen while sitting up here in our little dresses. They wanted to "rescue" us :). Here's a picture of them and if you get your arse up here, we can introduce to each of them.

Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 03:01 AM
    LOL I kind of like the dogs better ;) giggle I have my own firemen you know my landlord is one giggle and all the guys he has do work here are also firemen tee hee
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2007, 03:05 AM
    What dogs... LOL :)
    mariaeyre Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

May 3, 2007, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rina _4
    Rina

I always use pictures of cats so it will change everyday - I am waiting to get an image of myself but to be honest I find the cat pictures and funny dog pictures more amusing than me. I will let you be the judge when I put my face there.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 05:03 AM
    There were dogs in that picture?

*looks again*

I'm sorry... I just can't see them!

I need to print that picture out and keep it at my desk as a reminder to not smoke.

Yesterday wasn't so bad, but the last couple weeks have been as hard as the first week was. I want to cry and beat things up and I'm wondering again why I quit.

Hold in there, ladies. If you leave me up here alone, I'll start crying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

Smoking and dancing [ 14 Answers ]

This is sort of a similar question to the one I asked about wine and spirits. I know that there are some churches that prohibit smoking and dancing (not necessarily both at the same time lol). So my question is, as before, where do these beliefs come from? Dancing is mentioned lots of times in the...

Tower-Smoking [ 3 Answers ]

I smoke a lot when I'm using my PC. I know it's bad for both of us. I do have a home smoke filter next to it. My question is, can I use something(what?) in the air intake of my computer without compromising the cooling factor too much. Might it be possible to put an extremely lightly oiled...

View more questions Search