Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophylakes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 04:34 PM
    I am getting a divorce, I signed the title of my wife's car over to my wife..
    She won't return the license plates.My insurance company won't let me take the car off my policy until I show proof it isn't registerd any longer in my name. I cannot unregister it until I turn the plates into the DMV,, how should I proceed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 05:27 PM

Take her back to divorce court, to get her to follow the rules of the court ( assuming this was ordered though the court.

And of course your insurance company will allow you to take that car off, it is called, cancell that policy, I can cancel any car policy I have on any car I even own and drive if I want to.

Just write them a letter telling them to cancel that policy.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2010, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sophylakes View Post
    She won't return the license plates.My insurance company won't let me take the car off my policy until i show proof it isn't registerd any longer in my name. I cannot unregister it until i turn the plates into the DMV,,, how should i proceed?
    Your insurance company is full of it. They cannot force you to insure anything.

File a motion with the court requesting that your ex take the vehicle to the DMV and register it in solely her name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex boyfriend took my car... We co signed it on the title... what should I do ? [ 7 Answers ]

We both signed the title... I moved away and came back and he wouldn't give my car back... he had a car and got rid of it... so he kept mine... I came back and told him I wanted my car back. And he won't give it back.. tells me I have to give him 300 dollars to get it back... when we traded the...

Wife's car and getting ready for iraq [ 3 Answers ]

Have an 01 grand am se new plugs and wires was running great after wards then yesterday just stopped running the engine light was on but have tried the tricks of turning the key on for 10 min tried disconnecting battery nothing is working and I can not afford to take it to a mechanic what should I...

Divorce/I-751 not signed [ 1 Answers ]

Sponsor divorced conditional resident spouse and did not sign I-751. Do not know if sponsored spouse filed for waiver. No property, lease/s, bank accounts, vehicles, purchases etc. shared. No cruelty or abuse in marriage. Sponsored spouse contacted Immigration withdrawing sponsorship and date...

Co signed car loan and title [ 12 Answers ]

I cosigned on an auto loan with our daughter. The car title and loan are in both of our names. She is going to move out and has been unreliable in making payments. I have had to bail her out more than once. I want her to either get the loan and title in her name alone or turn in her car. She...

View more questions Search