BILLHAZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 09:41 AM
    Flickering lights
    The agitation cycle of my washing machine causes all my lights to flicker
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 09:50 AM

First off, please remove your CAPSLOCK.

Second, when you say flicker, do you mean literally on and off, or are they just fluctuating slightly brighter and dimmer?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Indicates a voltage drop issue, usually due to a loose or poor connection, could be at the utility connections and/or in your panel.

Best to call in an electrician to troubleshoot the issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flickering lights? [ 3 Answers ]

Have a very brief & slight flickering of incandescent lights (on different circuits) every 45 seconds. Just started doing this during last week. Can't tell if the lights get brighter or dimmer - it happens so fast. No other electrical devices turned on that might cause flickering. Have an old...

Flickering Lights [ 2 Answers ]

All of the sudden... When we turn on our appliances downstairs, our lights in that area flicker. Why is this so? Should I be alarmed?? It has been doing this now for a couple of weeks. Thank You, Jenna Coy:eek:

Flickering Lights [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, we have experienced flickering lights at various spots throughout the house. As I'm typing this the lights just went off and back on and nothing else was on in the house. Our house is over 20 years old. Any idea where we should start investigating? It has never happened before.

Flickering lights [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: i have some lights that are flickering in the down stairs bath and hall and a small computer room what could be the problem? I think it could be a week braker, or a bad connection. What do you think. Thanks for any help.

Flickering lights [ 37 Answers ]

Bigg oops I thought I double posted the question some how and edited/lost the origonal Dangit will try to recompose it Issue of dimming lights, brightening of lights, constant flickering. All these would be a lot worse of a flicker when it is night time or windy out, but still quite often in...

View more questions Search