Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2010, 08:25 AM
    Anone else get multiple virus' and trojan horses in the past 24 hrs?
    I came in this morning to find multiple virus' and trojan horses on my computer at my office. My wife is having similar problems at home.

I'm running a full system scan now... and 18 Trojan Horse problems found so far: Most being one of the three:

Trojan horse FakeAV.HGU
    Trojan horse FakeAV.HGR
    Trojan horse FakeAV.HGS

And the reference for them is mostly to Thr.exe and Ths.exe, in my temp files.

Did anyone else get hit in the past day?

If so, have you successfully gotten the bad stuff removed?

FYI, I'm using Windows Firewall on XP - and running AVG Free for my firewall. This is how I've done it for 3+ years and have never had a problem before.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 29, 2010, 08:40 AM

I haven't checked my PC at home yet.

Maybe it's a site you went to yesterday ;)

P.S. Not sure if you're the one to ask but can I get rights to delete posts? In the entire Computer Topic? I can only move & merge in my expert fields.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trojan Virus? [ 1 Answers ]

My computer has dealt with many viruses. Including Trojan, once or twice. Right now, its experiencing yet another Trojan and its acting differently this time. Its going to Ask.com w/o cause, almost like Ask.com is the root of this virus,, which actually makes sense... because the last Trojan...

Trojan Virus [ 2 Answers ]

How do I remove the virus W.32 Silly FDC from my hard drive? I run XP Professional and Symantec. My antivirus has quarantined the virus and says that the system is safe. But every time I run a jump drive, it appears that the virus is activated and I get an autorun message. Many thanks desali

Trojan virus [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there... well I have been reading up on a lot of the posts that are on here and I have tried a few of them and still nothing... my computer would not let me get on the internet explorer.. the page won't even load up.. so I also ran the scan with mcafee.. and it said it detected a trojan... the...

Trojan virus [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my computer for 3 weeks and am just learning, I have now got a trojan virus is there any simple way to get rid of this, please help,

Doubleclick.net/trojan horses [ 10 Answers ]

What does optout.doubleclick.net do? DOes that prevent your computer from storing cookies? Does it prevent trojan horses from entering your p.c. If not, how do you prevent a trojan horse from entering your p.c. Is there something in windows xp that can prevent them?:confused: AND, if I leave a...

View more questions Search