Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antony j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Child due from ex partner
    Hi There My Name Is Antony Have Have Just Split From My Partner We Where Together For 10 Months She Is Due To Having My Baby Son In 6 Weeks Time But She Is Being Funny About Me Seeing Him When He Is Born Can She Stop Me At All We Split On Good Tearms But I Was Seeing A Counciler Cause My Step Dad Died And Think She Is Going To Use That Against Me She Is Keep Telling Me That I Need To See More Ppl To Make Her Self Look Good But I Got Told From My Counciler That I Am All Done Now What Do I Do
    dee31 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Your seeing a councilor because of something that was out of your control and a fact of life (death) if you continue 2 stay on good terms with your ex and see your solicitor she will have 2 give you access 2 your son she has not got a leg 2 stand on providing you have a clean record an are a genuine good guy so don't worry and don't let your ex put you off fighting 4 your rite 2 c your child good luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 07:11 AM
    First once the baby is born I would get a DNA test to be sure the baby is yours, ( yes I know it has to be but you just don't know how many people after years of paying child support find out they were wrong)

So after the baby is born you apply to the court for a DNA test, and visitation rights, you set up proper child support payments though the court.

If there is a issue, the court may require it to be supervisered visitation for a while but you can ask the court to change that latter.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2007, 07:21 AM
    Unless she can prove you present a danger to the child, you should be able to get a court to order visitation. So if she stops you from seeing the child, take her to Family Court.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2007, 11:06 PM
    No, she cannot stop you from seeing him and no, the fact that you were seeing a counselor won't go against you at all. File a motion with the court for visitation. Do it now, since it takes time to get things through the court system; don't wait until the birth actually occurs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evicting a partner [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house with a partner. Both names are on the deed. She has not met her end of the financial responsibility. How can I evict her or sell the property. The loans are in my name.

My teens do not like my partner [ 17 Answers ]

I feel hopeless, my kids have virtually pushed my partner out of their lives and mine. Now I have to sneak around to see her. What should I do? Should I stop seeing this person that I love, just because my teenagers have told me so? I am very confused... yoyokerk:( :( :(

Unfaithful partner [ 12 Answers ]

Hello... I am sorry this is lengthy... I don't know where to begin... I have a problem I don't know how to solve. I have had two serious relationships in my life... now three. The first was a girlfriend that I had for two years between 16 and 18. I left her since I realised that I couldn't...

My partner has a problem! [ 11 Answers ]

Ok - this is a really delicate subject which I need to help my boyfriend with - but I am not sure how to. My boyfriend is having problems when it comes to sex - and he is unable to actually go all the way. The foreplay is great - but for some reason he cannot actually go any further. I am not...

View more questions Search