Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lalala1 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Dec 28, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Problem Installing
    I have this game that 2 disks to install. I have already installed the 1st,but I got half-way through the 2nd one before a blue screen popped up and I had to restart my computer. Now the problem is whenever I put the 1st disk in it says installation in process and it won't respond. When I put the 2nd disk in it says insert the 1st disk to install. What do I do!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 11:48 AM

What did the blue screen say?

Was is blue with a lot of white writing? This usually includes an error that could be beneficial to helping you. This blue screen usually indicates a hadware error or software/program crash. There are a million reasons what causes this screen and knowing what the error is can help!

Dec 28, 2010, 02:24 PM
    Comment on ITstudent2006's post
    It came up again and it said a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Check to make sure that any new hardware or software has been properly installed. It also talks about this "dump" thing.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2010, 05:27 PM
    What operating system are you running?

Try uninstalling the game. If you are running Windows, this should be found in the start menu somewhere. After uninstalling, try to reinstall. This might work.

If you can't uninstall it, try manually deleting the files from wherever you installed the game to.
    Networking Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 05:43 PM

FadedMaster is correct. Since this blue screen came up while trying to install this game, we can pinpoint that the issue is most likely with this game.

Uninstalling programs can vary depending on the operating system used (XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X etc... )

Let us know what operating system yo have and we can guide you through the rest of the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

p.s. Is the game compatible with your operating system? What game is it?

Dec 28, 2010, 09:50 PM
    Thank you all for your help. I think I found what the problem was! :)
    Networking Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 10:00 PM

Do you mind sharing so we can possibly use this situation as knowledge for future issues?

Dec 29, 2010, 04:45 PM
    I have a windows XP. I think the problem was related to the Norton Antivirus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing a tub in mortar problem/question [ 1 Answers ]

I could really use your help with a question; We recently had a new re-model tub installed.(Veritek BA-3060) Our contractor did not install this in mortar per the manufacturers instructions thus voiding the warranty. Plus it leeks through one of the walls because it is installed crooked. He...

Thermostat installing problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have removed my old dial thermostat and it had two wires connected to it red & yellow, a third wire, green was not connected but sticking out of the wall. I have just purchased a Honeywell 3200 programmable model and connected red to R and yellow to W. Nothing works... do I need to connect...

Problem installing win XP home on new machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have just built a new machine MSI MOBO, AMD sempron 64 3000+, 1 GB RAM, the MOBO has onboard GFX and it has a SATA HDD. The initial boot is fine, I get the blue screen when win xp starts to install. When I get to the press f6 if you want to install 3rd party drivers (which I want to do)...

Problem installing Office 2003 SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

When I check the system properties on my computer (Dell Dimension 4600 w/Windows XP) it says Home Edition 2002, Service Pack 2 but when I try to download upgrades from Microsoft, I get a message that says "Office 2003 Security Pack 2 not installed". I've tried to download it several times but get...

Problem Installing Office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently re-installed Win 98 (ancient - I know!) and I have no Office software installed. I then went to install office 2000 and the autorun brings up the Windows Installer screen with the message "Preparing to install". It then disappears and nothing else happens. Can anybody help me with...

View more questions Search