Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pragya Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2007, 03:21 AM
    Universities in USA
    Hi:) ,
    I want to know what is the procedure of admission in American universities for foreign students??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 07:26 AM
    You will need to contact the admissions dept of the specific school you wish to go to. They will have forms for you to fill out, they will need your past schools to send them documentation of your education. Most have adviors who will help you with your education visa and the such.

But in general you will just need to decide on what schools you would like to try and get into, and then apply to them
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 07:40 AM
    You definitely need to contact the schools you are interested in. Most accredited (and many non-accredited!) universities and colleges have a place on their website for "international applications".

There are so many factors... previous school experience, visa, financial documentation, standard tests, and if you come from a country whose primary language is not English, you may have to take a test to provide proof that you speak English well enough to understand upper level classes.

I worked in admissions at a large US University for 4 years... you really HAVE to contact the schools you are interested in, as each school has its own requirements for international students.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Yes please contact the school, I worked for a major university in GA and they had special departments just for international students to help them.
    Even special classes on English if that was needed to help them up to college level english.

So some are a lot better than other in services they will provide, and what they require for admittance
    Logan82 Posts: 27, Reputation: 5

Jan 18, 2007, 03:02 AM
    1) Approach school
    2) Fill necessary forms & produce documents
    3) Take up TOFEL & GRE Exams (since I assume you are from India).
    4) Submit those scores.
    5) Get a letter from the school stating you can study there
    6) Take that letter to th embassy to get a student visa (need to show sufficient funds here. You must show that you have enough money for at least the 1st semester).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Universities in usa [ 3 Answers ]

Can u please give me a list of usa universities which offers biotechnology courses.to be precise ,what I want is about genetics

Which universities to take admission in [ 2 Answers ]

Hello This is ajay I am an engineering student Branch-electronics and telecommunication I am giving gre Can you tell me which faculty to choose to do ms in And which is the upgrowing branch Which s the best universities Plzzzzzzzzzz mail me I am interested in telecommunication

Information on universities in USA [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am very happy to be in "Ask me help desk" My daughter is in school final now and will be completing by March 2007, she wants to pursue a career in Bio Tech in USA. Could some one please advise me the American unversities offering undergraduate Programme in Bio Tech. Thanks &...

Choosing usa universities [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir Please suggest me a university in the united states of america .I want to do phd in organic chemistry .I have planned to take GRE TOEFL . My academic percentage is 80% Please reply

View more questions Search