Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmyLouise Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2003, 10:02 AM
    What else to do with a special education degree
    I graduated in May with a degree in special education. I liked working with kids with disabilities and thought maybe I was good at it. I got all As, did well during student teaching, but I can't land a job anywhere. I think maybe I do bad during interviews or maybe I just wasn't met to be a teacher. Is there anything else I can do with my d**n degree? Getting more education isn't out of the question.?

Thanks
    rrt69 Posts: 89, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2003, 07:38 PM
    What else to do with a special education degre
    Why don't you search less on the regalar school and look for special ones or the other way around Maybe you should think of start as a volunteer to prove to them you could do that job.
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Jun 3, 2004, 12:27 AM
    What else to do with a special education degre
    Hi there

Have you ever thought of giving special lessons at home for disadvantaged children. I am sure there are many in the area around you that need extra tutoring.

Regards
    Peanuts
    teacher101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 02:46 PM
    I am the in the same position- (well I used to like working with the kids and I worked in a very low functioning population that wore on me less than 2 years out of school). I looked into transition programs. You help the population (ages 14-21) look to their future for jobs and housing placements. It can allow you to be connected to a population you know, but are not in the classroom every day with them.
    rennye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2012, 06:39 AM
    You picked a narrow niche in education, not many follow this path so I find it hard to believe that you didn't found a job yet. I am about to get my <a href="http://www.sju-online.com/programs/special-education-masters.asp">special education degree</a> too and I've already made my plans. If a special education degree is not enough for me to teach in a school for kids with disability then I will just offer my services privately for those who want to home-school their kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After School Special? [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember watching in the 80's. It was about a boy with red hair and a frog that sang "That's amore!" The boy was kind of a science geek. I think the frog came to life at the end... Anybody?

Special education [ 9 Answers ]

What qualifies a child as being LD specific learning disability.Can a child with ADD be identified as having specific learning problems and qualify under the category of LD.Which Identification is better for a child that exhibits the following problems difficulty in reading,writeing,spelling,or...

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

Education/Degree Verification [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to find out in davance whether an employer will try verify education/degrees for applicants? Is there a standard for this, particularly among municipal employers?

View more questions Search