Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikeshtnt Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 10:31 PM
    CD ROM/W not reading some disc
    Dear All,

I have a Dell Insperian laptop. From last few months I facing some problem with CD Drive, it reads some CD while for others it just shows like some process is going on but that never ends, CD symbol shows with pointer in few minutes interval.

I formatted the system and changed the OS to Window XP now. After that I have installed my mobile software, PDF reader but when inserted the cd of MS Office it is not reading it.

After inserting this CD (MS Office) I can boot the system with CD.

I am confused please help.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 06:47 AM
    I have a Dell Insperian laptop. From last few months I facing some problem with CD Drive, it reads some CD while for others it just shows like some process is going on but that never ends, CD symbol shows with pointer in few minutes interval.

Does it work in safe-mode?

I formatted the system and changed the OS to Window XP now. After that I have installed my mobile software, PDF reader but when inserted the cd of MS Office it is not reading it.

Does it work with any other CD's?

After inserting this CD (MS Office) I can boot the system with CD.

I don't understand this part. Office CD's aren't bootable (to my knowledge). What do you mean you can boot the system with CD?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C D Rom Some time not reading [ 1 Answers ]

My LG CD & DVD Roms do not read some time, I want know the solution for this problem, I am waiting for replay as soon as possible

Not reading CD ROM Drive [ 1 Answers ]

I put in a game CD & it isn't reading the drive, help

CD rom not reading data disks [ 2 Answers ]

My CD-ROM drive will not read Programed CD's. It gives me a format disk error and that the disk is not formatted. Do I just need to get a new CD drive, or is there a fix? It does read Audio CD's though.

Cd ROM not reading disks -_- [ 11 Answers ]

I've been playing Diablo 2 LOD for awhile now and just the other day, when trying to open the shortcut it said: "Diablo II was unable to locate your CD-ROM drive. Please make sure your Diablo II expansion disk is in your CD-ROM drive, then click retry":( This has come up before but mainly...

Cd rom reading cdrw [ 1 Answers ]

Heloow ;D I have a cdrw in which I have written data in multimodesession i.e. Whenever I get file I append it in its last written track When I read it using the cdrom drive I get only the data that I have first written and not the latest files . Then after I keep on reloading the cd I get...

View more questions Search