Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Dec 27, 2010, 08:41 PM
    How do I stop the urge to contact ex?
    Ok so I'm going crazy! I keep wanting to contact my ex! I deleted him off my phone and emails and Facebook but I can still look him up on Facebook and I'm having a hard time stopping myself from contacting him! I'm so tempted to send him a message about being friends but I know it would do more harm then good but I'm trying my best to not go through with. Any advice guys?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 08:49 PM

Which ex are you talking about?

Is it the guy that you wanted to marry recently?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/...do-531445.html

Or the guy one month prior to that?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ip-525712.html
    Krymej Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 04:15 AM
    You sound like you are in a similar situation to me. This is the really hard part... it sucks and its painful. But what is helping me is just working on myself and keeping my mind so busy and occupied so I think about calling and texting her less and less, how about having some time out for yourself? Maybe start a new hobby join a class start a gym or fitness regime go and spoil yourself with some new clothes and a hair do get your nails done then go out on the tiles or hang out with friends?
    This will also help you heal the wounds of your ex and also it will help you build your confidence and self esteem.

Write his contact details down and keep in a safe place or leave with a relative or trusted friend.. if his numbers not in your phone it will stop your urges manifesting you will only call him and end up crying and that will just drive him away... you don't really want that do you?
    Looking at his Facebook profile will just torture you more as you can see his social interactions, talking from a past experience you may see something you may not want to see and you will just act out of raw emotion, either deactivate your account for a while while you heal or hide his news feeds, maybe show in your statuses how busy your going to be with all these new things. But don't do that out of jealousy that's never a wise move. With bad intentions creates a bad outcome.
    Try to keep your head and discipline I know its hard as this is something I am doing myself as I write to you now. I have been dying to ask what's wrong and try and put things right. But by making them mistakes before in a previous relationship I learnt it doesn't work and it just become annoying and needy,
    You never know, maybe your ex may wonder why he hasn't received anything from you after a couple of weeks or so and start to have the urge to text or call himself.

I understand how you feel. Just try and take comfort in knowing you are not alone or the only one,

I wish you all the best I really do
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 05:30 PM

flowerchildfala does not find this helpful : I just wanted tips, I don't want a full analysis!
    Time to read the rules. Unhelpful/disagree, is for factually incorrect info only. My post was not factually incorrect, and did not warrant a disagree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriends ex won't stop trying to contact him, I'm not sure how to deal with this [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year. He is a few years younger than me and I have kids. His ex girlfriend is a few years younger than him and thus pretty much still a teenager. We live in a small town and everyone is connected in many ways making situations more complicated. A...

How to stop the urge to sex no husband [ 3 Answers ]

How can single woman stop the urge of sex as masturbation is said to be sin

Very confused, stop all contact or continue? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, Since this is my first post let me introduce myself. I am Hristian from Croatia and I am 18 years of age. Well my problem is the following. I dated a girl for a month, I liked her very much (the first one I treated very very well) but we broke up. The reason was that she was just out of...

He's in love with someone else, don't know if I should stop all contact to get over him [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, really hope you can help me. I knew this guy when I was in college (just as an acquaintance). He moved to another country for work. We got in touch online and hve chatted a lot of times. I really started to like him, I mean really really like him but I thot I'd tell him when he came down,...

View more questions Search