Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    christie1948 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 05:51 PM
    407 hwy
    Hi I need some information on 407 Hwy They are trying to charge me for something that happened 13 years ago the bill was paid in full now they want more money, What can I do about this. The collection agency wants to take me to court or pay up.
    CinnamonBrownie Posts: 45, Reputation: 13

Dec 27, 2010, 07:05 PM
    Hi,

This forum has national/international reach. Can you add more information so others know how to respond? The state and county/locality you're talking about and more details about what specifically the collection agency is alleging you did and how much they want, et al. would be great. Thanks.

Jan 3, 2011, 02:03 AM
    Oops 407ETR the chrage was from 1997 and it was paid, when I called the collection -( Law office ) they informed me that the bill was from 1998 and I didn't use the hwy, in 1998 the amount of the bill with all the interest is around $4500.00 they sent me a photo copy of what looks like a small claims court docs.

Jan 3, 2011, 03:16 AM
    Comment on christie1948's post
    By the way this is Ontario Canada
    CinnamonBrownie Posts: 45, Reputation: 13

Jan 3, 2011, 07:13 PM
    Hi Christie,

I'm sorry, when I gave my first answer I made the assumption that you were somewhere in the U.S. Although Canada obviously has a very similar system of law, et al. I'm not qualified to tell you much.

Well, one thing: don't ever ever ever take a collection agency's word. That's the way it seems to work in America, and so I'm pretty sure the same general rule applies North of the border as well. :)
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 08:17 PM

I too am not completely familiar with Canadian law but Canada has a statute of limitations on most debts. On a 13 year old debt I'd tell them to take you to court but and also tell them to prepare for a countersuit if the debt is barred by the SOL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

407 ETR Debt and Statue of Limitations? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a outstanding debt with the 407 ETR in Ontario Canada and I was wondering what is the Statue of Limitations on this debt. The orignal debt was from 2000 owing $450.00. They are now claiming I owe them $2400. I placed a phone call to the 407 and was informed that they do...

Statute of limitations hwy 407 [ 14 Answers ]

Some 9 years ago I sold my old car to a scrap dealer. Two months later I received a bill from 407, which I hotly disputed and after awhile further action by 407 was dropped. Last week I tried to register a trailer and was denied because of the 407 charge and interest. I received a registered...

407 etr bill from 2001 [ 1 Answers ]

Oh boy here goes... I received a bill from 407 etr charges incurred 2001 and before. I disputed the bill because it was wrong and refused to pay them a cent until it was corrected. I even showed them proof. Well nothing was ever solved. I received a bill on Friday wanting 7,198.45. 6500 of...

Highway 407 ETR debt [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently received a letter from collections for 90 something dollars(CBCL) in regards to a 407 charge, I called up 407 and they said it was from 2002?? So I'm curious , if the limitations act starts from 2002 or from when CBCL began to contact me. I downloaded a copy of the limitations...

View more questions Search