Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lescol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 04:27 PM
    Us citizen married non resident alien filing as married
    I am US Citizen my wife is a non-resident alien, we have no plans of moving her to the states. I applied for ITIN since she doesn't qualify for a SSN. The form comes back as incomplete because I cannot supply a date for "Date Entered United States" any help or do I just get to keep filing Single?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 08:18 PM
    Did you submit the Form W-7 WITH the JOINT tax return?
    BABYA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 09:17 AM
    I want to get married in durham nc this year to the man I love. Should I do it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to file taxes - US citizen married to non-resident alien [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there - I got married in 2009 to a French citizen (who completed two student internships here and has a SSN). I live and work in the US and he is in France, finishing his masters, while we wait for his visa and work permit to come through. As a full-time student he is being supported by his...

Non resident alien married to a US citizen [ 2 Answers ]

I was a non resident alien during 2009. My spouse and our children are US citizens We spent the entire year of 2009 , outside the US I have had a good income during 2009, but my wife " who is US citizen" had zero income during 2009. I understand I am not required to file since I was a non...

US Citizen married to non-resident alien - does he qualify for spouse exemption? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I were married in March 2009. I am a US citizen and I think he would be considered a non-resident alien for US tax purposes. I think I have to file married filing separately with a spouse exemption. He was employed w/ a British company but as a non-resident of New Zealand – is his...

Tax filing married Non resident alien spouce never been to US [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am F1 (non resident alien). Filing tax for year 2008. My spouce has never been to US. She is also student there not earning or not filing tax in my country. She will be arriving november 2009. I called up IRS, they suggested to file as 'Married filing seperately". Please suggest...

(resident + non-resident alien) married filing jointly [ 1 Answers ]

I'm on F1 (non-resident alien) and spouse is resident alien. First time, we are making election to be treated as resident for tax year 2007. 1) do I need to pay back FICA (social secuity & medicare taxes) that were not withheld on my summer income in 2007? 2) since we need to attach a...

View more questions Search