Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rojo1 Posts: 59, Reputation: 6

Dec 27, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Plumbing
    I'm running a recirculation pump and a thermal bypass valve. Can I use more than bypass
    Valve in the same system?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Dec 28, 2010, 07:17 AM

Hi Rojo...

I'd need a lot more info. On this to comment, OK? More info. Gets a better answer...

Mark
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2010, 08:01 AM

What brand of recirculation pump do you have, Thanks.

John
    rojo1 Posts: 59, Reputation: 6

Dec 28, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Mass P. thanks for reply.The pump in question is a GrundFos type UP15-10BU. The application for that
    Pump is outlet side of water heater w/ shaft horizontal and a thermal bypass valve at the farthest most
    Sink in the system. But the system was originally designed to be a gravity feed, unfortunately the last
    Plumbing contractor wasn't up on this system and ran the return line into the basement before reaching
    The HW heater no mas gravity feed. This pump was retrofitted so it pulled water from the upstairs HW
    System . IT works great but my system has a major branch that is not getting recirculated. I want to add
    A second pump on the second water heater on the outlet side using the thermal bypass valve supplied w/the
    Kit.which requires no return line. It basically lets the cooled HW bleed into the cold side until a temp
    Sensor stops it when it senses HW at the valve.I'd like to put 2 valves in the troubled area to eliminate
    All temp fluxuations in the ladys shower area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

We have two water handles to our Grohe shower fixture-the upper one controls the shower head the bottom one controls the faucet. If someone turns the faucet handle on at the same time the shower is turned on I believe an air bubble is created so the faucet handle no longer is operable. My question...

Ppr plumbing vs cpvc plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

Ppr OR cpvc which one is better for residential plumbing

Correctional grade plumbing how different from commercial plumbing or residential [ 3 Answers ]

Just need a little information about the difference to answer a questioner .

Plumbing [ 4 Answers ]

When the toilet is flushed I lose water pressure through-out the house. How do I correct this problem? I have a well, not city water.

View more questions Search