Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prego3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2010, 12:44 PM
    Having a baby by a separated man?
    I am having a baby by a married man who is somewhat separated he has not seen his children or wife in the last 5 years or so I am confused as the divorce process never falls through he can never contact his wife ever I feel so bad on the other hand and want to leave this relationship it's not benefiting me any what should I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 27, 2010, 02:00 PM
    What should you do about what? Why you wonder about all this after you are pregnant? I'm sorry, but I can't even follow the story, such as 'the divorce process never falls through' - do you mean follow through? Countless spouses make only half hearted attempts to finalize a divorce or even file.

What is stopping you from leaving a relationship you don't want to be in? He's your only means of support? Talk to the Welfare Dept. an adoption agency, or your family.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Hi.. you seem to have several things going on here,with very limited information.You say your having a baby by a married man who is some what separated, who hasn't seen his wife and kids for 5 years and it's obvious that divorce proceedings are in amongst this confusion somewhere.

You are saying that this relationship is of no benefit to you, so finish it!

I hear no mention of love or commitment from either party,in my opinion this relationship has no solid foundation, especially with a baby on the way,he/she will need love and security, not an unstable start in their life which will form a foundation for their future.

You appear to already have made your decision,get yourself settled ready for the birth of your child.

I wish you luck
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2011, 04:51 PM

How long have you been seeing him?

I know it's difficult for you right now, but it appears that he's not really serious about getting the divorce to be with you.

Have you talked openly with him about what you're feeling?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 08:52 PM

How do you know he is married,

How do you know he is separated ?

He can file for divorce even if he has no idea where his wife is.
    He can have a divorce fairly quickly, if he wanted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Being with a "separated" man [ 3 Answers ]

Before dating this person we were really good friends for about 6 years with no sexual relations. He always wanted to and cared a lot about me but I knew he was still married and told him I could and I knew his wife really well. I knew all his secrets and his wife did not know we were friends and...

In love with separated man [ 9 Answers ]

I met this amazing guy last year and tend to be close to him since last April. He honestly explain to me that he is currently separated from him wife since June 2007 (married Nov 2006) and now almost 2 years they have separated and no kids. His wife is having mental problem which hard to live...

Having a baby by another man. How do I tell my fianc? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend/fiance have been dating about 6 months. I'm pregnant and he's thrilled. We had problems regarding the pregnancy since I got pregnant. I wanted an abortion and he didn't want me to have one. I just knew it wasn't he's baby (thats why I wanted the abortiion, I just never told him that)....

With separated man who went back to his wife.. lost [ 8 Answers ]

My situation is more complicated then I like to admit. I have been with a man for seven years and friends with his wife at the same time. I am 27 now and I have no idea how to live my life without him or her. She doesn't know and him and I have secretly lived our life and I am saddend because...

View more questions Search