Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nate764 Posts: 48, Reputation: 0

Dec 27, 2010, 01:56 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    I ges I need more books Like "the secret" the cors tell you about 90% of books Like that are wrong and how to pick the right ones to make more of the cors. This is nice and ansers come so fast I Love this site how about you?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 01:57 PM

If something in the course does not work for you, the claim will then be it is not the fault of the course, but because you have low teachability.

I have researched "teachability" on Internet. It boils down to "visualization" of the desired object.

Here is from an article (articlebase.com) about teachability in playing the piano --

1. Name at least one song you would love to be able to play on the piano.

It is not enough to just want to be willing to learn how to play the piano. In your mind, you should be able to imagine yourself playing your favorite song and even more powerful is that you can see who you are performing for. You could be playing for yourself, or it could be for your family, friends, or a group of people. Having a specific visual is important to achieving a goal. Adding color, a familiar place, sounds and even what it smells like can create a powerful visual for you to use as a tool.... keep reading to see how visualization can be a very powerful learning tool.

2. What is your level of desire?

Everyone knows that you have to want to learn to be able to learn, but more than that, you need to have a high level of desire for the best possible success rate. This desire is triggered by your response to #1. Your desire will deepen when you can imagine yourself playing a favorite song for a person or audience of your choice.

3. Do you need motivation to help you achieve your goals?

Motivation is huge! If you don't have it, you don't have assessment #1 or #2. Do you see where we are going with this? Each assessment builds upon another. When you need motivation, then you need to re-evaluate #1 and #2. For example, let's say you started piano lessons and your motivation is high, but after awhile, you lost interest. How do you trigger the motivation? Go back to #1 and #2.

4. Do you have a 10 minute activity that you can replace with a more productive activity?

Now that you have the above 3 assessments, finding 10 minutes a day is the next hurdle to cross. Everyone is busy.... even those with dreams, desire and motivation still have to find time. List some activities you do during the day when you are at home. Evaluate your list and cross off the things that are non-productive, taking too long to accomplish or wasting your time. After doing that, I bet you can find at least 10 minutes to practice piano! ~smile~

5. Last but not least, is the most important question of all: What is your expectation of learning how to play piano?

Your expectation will determine your experience and outcome.

Repeat this out loud: "I already know how to play the piano, I know this because I can easily see myself playing my favorite songs. However, I want to and am willing to continue to learn how to play the piano and I am willing to make some changes so I can find 10 minutes to practice every day to become more and more accomplished at what I already know how to do."

Now, ask yourself the first two questions again and see if your teachability index has improved!

If you are thinking about learning how to play the piano, consider also learning how to have fun and stay motivated while learning something new! ~smile~
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 02:04 PM

Nate, if you want me to consider you teachable, I repeat this --

Please use the Answer box (NOT Comment box), and you will get more room to type.

Dec 27, 2010, 02:19 PM
    I ges I am trying to go through this gobbledy gook because some of it is just that kevin just tuches on each topick and it can be tuff to find data to make it work thanks again for all the help wondergirL how did you know all this?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 02:40 PM

Please do NOT use the comment box.

How do I know? I am very teachable. I've worked in libraries for over thirty years, and have learned much, including how to find information.

Dec 27, 2010, 05:56 PM
    I study the power of the mind as much as I can. Looks Like you help a lot of people with your information. :)

Jan 1, 2011, 06:36 PM
    Thanks all this helped me find a few books on it this Q is ansered. No one post on it k Thanks a lot
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 1, 2011, 07:55 PM

Nate, I'll repeat what Wondergirl has said.

Do not use the comment box to post.

Use the answer box at the bottom of the page.

Also, the disagree/unhelpful you gave was unwarranted. Asking why this thread was in the Entomology forum was a valid question. It did not warrant a reddie.

We have rules for a reason. You want to be more "teachable" this is your ability to learn. Learn how to use the site by reading the rules and by listening when people give you advice on how to use it correctly. :)

Jan 2, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Thanks a lot 4 all the Good answers it was a nice talk and I found out a lot I now have some books on the Teachability index and what was said in answers gave me the words to search and find them.
    If any one would Like to know on the cores I was talking about the first tip is to stay Teachabil all the time and I did not know what to be Teachabil would meen but now I know more about it. It might seem basick but there are tips out there on how to be more teachabil and how to get "
    If your Not Teachabil your not reachabil . > Thanks and no more ansers to this question. < and I will from now on use the anser box to comment at first I thought if I where to use the answer box it would say to all that I got my answer and del the Q So now I know more about that too.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 2, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate764 View Post
    Thanks and no more ansers to this question. ... i got my answer and del the Q So now i know more about that too.
    We do not delete questions and its not up to you to dictate whether there are no more responses. You can add a post thanking people and saying you don't need more answers. You don't have to respond to any further answers. But its up to others whether they want to add something.

Jan 2, 2011, 04:36 PM
    I did not meen any thing by it I just thought saying I have my answer would make some not add a comment but if you would Like to add something go and add it.
    Pets Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 05:10 PM

Nate. I'm going to once again repeat what I said. Please, read it, and if you don't understand, say so and I'll explain it to you.

When you you rate a post "Not helpful" it's against the rules unless the post was factually incorrect. In other words, if someone posted "The sky is yellow" you could give them a rating "not helpful" because the sky isn't yellow. That's factually incorrect.

You gave me a "not helpful" for asking you to stop using the comment feature. Something that WG (wondergirl) repeatedly asked you to stop doing. And I also explained the use of the rating feature at that time, yet you still proceeded to break the rules, on the very post that explained the rules.

If you want people to answer your questions than learn how to use the site. When people give you advice on how to use the site, listen, and learn. Do not give them "not helpful" ratings, when it's clearly against the rules and you've been made aware of it.

Do you understand?

Jan 2, 2011, 05:20 PM
    OK now I will not hit the no butten. Where is this rules so I can give it a full read over some time.
    Pets Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 05:29 PM

Here's a link to the rules;

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/faq.ph...#faq_faq_rules

I'll have to look for the link about the rating feature (helpful/nothelpful).

If Scott comes along he can better post the link as he's the one that wrote the rules for that feature.

Jan 2, 2011, 06:16 PM
    This is all helpful would you mind saying what could happen if any one breaks a rule. Thanks now I know the rules or most of them so how I post will change it might help users if the rules pg pops up when they sine up so they can read over it as I did not know where to find the rules till now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 2, 2011, 08:01 PM

Many things could happen, you can be banned from the site,
    You could be put on moderated status where any post has to be approved before you can make it, or the post or posts can just be deleted.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2011, 04:37 AM

May I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

It used to be, that when you signed up for this site that there was a screen where you had to check off that you had read the rules and agreed to them. Did you not get something like that? Like most sites, there is a help link that will lead to the rules.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2011, 09:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    It used to be, that when you signed up for this site that there was a screen where you had to check off that you had read the rules and agreed to them. Did you not get something like that?
    Alty and I both signed up recently as fake new members, and neither of us got anything to read and agree to. We were permitted to post immediately.

Jan 4, 2011, 09:03 AM
    Thanks I never did get a window or even a Link to the ruls maybe there was some glich that day in the net or my computer but now I know the ruls and will falow them I hope I can spell check my answers OK as english is not my top but I do like to help out when I can so I did answer a few Qs I will stop answering this Q because we seem to be just talking and not adding comments on the topick I asked about but all this tok got me to know the ruls so thanks and sory if I mest up on the od one before. O and some one did tell me it is good to say "i have my anser" in a question when you get the answer. By and thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search