Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mocha81 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2007, 07:55 PM
    How to get over my ex?
    Me and my ex were dating for 10 months until he liked another girl at the same time he was with me. So I dumped him. Now it's 5 years later and I only seen him once since then but I still like him a lot. Although he hurt me. I wouldn't be getting back together with him but I want to get over him. I keep thinking about what could have been and how long we would have been together now and how our lives would have been together. Any advice on getting over him? I really need to get past this. I just turned 19. I know there are a lot of men out there but I don't think I can be in a good relationship if this is still on my mind.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Five years?? That's an awful long time to mope over some one. You would have to put your whole life on hold to do that. What about that online thing? Do you have a ife you enjoy or friends to hang out with or a job? From your other posts is it possible you may need counseling. I would hope you at least think about it.
    mocha81 Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jan 10, 2007, 08:22 PM
    It's not that I think about his 24/7. Just at times I regret giving him up even though he hurt me real bad.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha81
    It's not that I think about his 24/7. Just at times I regret giving him up even though he hurt me real bad.
    Not to be mean but do you hear what your saying? You regret giving up a guy who hurt you? You should be celebrating. Maybe you need to talk to an older female to help you see how unhealthy that is for you.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2007, 09:22 PM
    I think when your young you always tend to think the first crush is going to last. When it doesn't the feelings are new, raw, and confusing. To answer your question, it wasn't going to last. People grow, they move to new places, and they change. It sounds like you're a romantic and you just look back on this experience like a movie flashback. Instead of looking back look to the future and know you can have those moments with someone real and mature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search