Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

Dec 26, 2010, 06:41 PM
    Jehovah Witnesses
    Hay everyone I am not a Jehovah Witnesses but I'm studying and going to meetings to hopefully become one. I just wanted to talk to other Jehovah Witnesses or see if there were other Jehovah Witnesses around here. I have to say I do love Jehovah Witnesses a lot! Lol And I do love everyone of course! I just love going to there meetings and studying! I must say as I look back they have really saved my life. As a 13 year old girl I must say they have tought me a lot. Even though my mom and brother don't go with me which is sad when I go alone I still am super happy that I have a chance to go! So if there are any Jehovah Witnesses on this site I have a couple of questions that I would hope you could answer please! And thank you so very much!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 06:44 PM

I don't think there are any Witnesses as members of this site (but I might be wrong!). Please post your questions. I have a good friend who is a Witness and so I might be able to answer your questions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 06:50 PM

Yes, and as a warning, strong and firm ( remember I am a moderator) we are to respect all beliefs, this is a teen and exploring a new faith, so no attacking her beliefs directly.

If you have questions please feel free and ask, I did study many of the faiths in college

Dec 26, 2010, 06:55 PM

Thank you! Some of my questions are...
    As the great tribulation starts and it gets pretty bad will some good people die but later get resurected in paradise because Im pretty nervous about it?
    Will we be able to see Jesus as ge destroys the wicked people and casts satan away and is demons?
    And if Jehovah is going to destroy the world of wicked people and this sysyem of things where will be? Lol here are some but I have more though but you can just answer these if you wouldn't mind lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioActive697 View Post
    As the great tribulation starts and it gets pretty bad will some good people die but later get resurected in paradise?
    It doesn't sound like Witnesses and any other worthy people will die during the Tribulation and be resurrected. Only if you died earlier would you be resurrected after Armageddon.

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep. 1 p.19

"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation." Watchtower 1993 October 1 p.19

"There would be "a great crowd" out of all nations who would not experience death but would have the prospect of living forever on earth. Are you among them?... The great crowd support the small number of those with heavenly hopes, who take the lead in the preaching work. …Those of the great crowd are pictured as being marked for survival. (Ezekiel 9:4-6) "The mark" is the evidence that they are dedicated to Jehovah, baptized as disciples of Jesus, and involved in cultivating a Christlike personality." Worship the Only True God (2002) p.124
    Will we be able to see Jesus as ge destroys the wicked people and casts satan away and is demons?
    If you are alive at the time, as far as I can figure out, Witnesses will witness the battle and the destruction.
    And if Jehovah is going to destroy the world of wicked people and this sysyem of things where will be?
    As far as I know, believers will live in one of two places after Armageddon -- in heaven with Jesus or on a perfect Earth.

We have a member named dwashbur who has studied a lot of theology and might know better than I do about Witness beliefs. Or ask the person(s) you study with.

Dec 26, 2010, 08:54 PM

Thank you and I have asked other people but even though I'm not a Jehovah Witness I know there is hope for me because Jehovah looks at people's hearts and I'm a really determined person that is not just being good or studying just to make it to paradise but because I truly want to be with Jehovah and Jesus and the Angels and everyone else who makes it through to the end. But anyway lol I have other questons as well OK...
    Well as I study I read about the damage and the destruction that will take place but will some sign not the signs of the great tribulation but will a sign show us that Armageddon is about to approach? (sun going really dark or staying still?)
    And how can I deal with people talking or saying bad things to me as I try to preach about the truth?
    Thank you!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
    will some sign not the signs of the great tribulation but will a sign show us that Armageddon is about to approach? (sun going really dark or staying still?)
    I'm guessing there won't be time for that. The “great tribulation” will come with astounding suddenness, “in one hour.” (Revelation 18:10) Its outbreak will be marked by God’s execution of judgment on all false religion.
    And how can I deal with people talking or saying bad things to me as I try to preach about the truth?
    Witnesses are not beloved people in society. I'm not sure how your teachers would answer this, but if I were you, I would let my loving actions speak for me as one who loves Jehovah God, and not "preach" to others that the end is coming and that they must confess Jehovah God as Lord of all. Like my mother says, you get more flies with honey than with vinegar, so doing good and speaking kind words will cause others to wonder what you have that they don't. That's when you can speak about your faith and your church.

Dec 26, 2010, 11:05 PM

Thank you so much for your help and I hope and will pray that I see you and I myself lol in paradise and surviving the great tribulation and armageddon. I'm sure after all that you won't have to wonder anymore about anything! Lol
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 11:13 PM
    Thank you so much for your help and I hope and will pray that I see you and I myself lol in paradise and surviving the great tribulation and armageddon. I'm sure after all that you wont have to wonder anymore about anything! lol
    I'm a Lutheran and don't think the Witnesses approve of my church or think I'm going to paradise.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 03:44 AM

I do have one word of warning for you. With your faith you have to be careful not to be blinded by it. Not all ground is fertile and so it goes with your faith when your passing it to others. Its not that people are a lost cause but rather it may not be their time to accept. You may have seen this already in your community with people addicted to drugs. Most times when they are on their way to falling they aren't in a place to accept until they have reached that point where there is return or nothing. So please be careful. It's a wonderful thing to want to participate in outreach just be careful about it and stick to groups.

Dec 27, 2010, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm a Lutheran and don't think the Witnesses approve of my church or think I'm going to paradise.
    Well I can't say that you will or you won't go to paradise but I can say if you try your best to live a good life there is hope for you no matter what! Because none of us know how Jehovah will judge people and we can't say if a certain group or religion will not survive because there might be people who say they are a "Jehovah Witness" and may not survive. Trust me when it happens everything will be revealed. But I try to see the good in people and treat everyone the same no matter what!=)

Dec 27, 2010, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I do have one word of warning for you. With your fait you have to be careful not to be blinded by it. Not all ground is fertile and so it goes with your faith when your passing it to others. Its not that people are a lost cause but rather it may not be thier time to accept. You may have seen this already in your community with people addicted to drugs. Most times when they are on thier way to falling they arent in a place to accept until they have reached that point where there is return or nothing. So please be careful. Its a wonderful thing to want to participate in outreach just be careful about it and stick to groups.
    Ok I will! And I know that some people might not except it right away and I will never try to push my religion on anyone!=)
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2010, 09:55 PM

Please remember to test everything you are taught by any religious organization by what the bible says on that subject. Any group that makes you use "their" book instead of the bible, I would consider a cult. There is only one true and complete word of God and that is the bible.
    As I remember the term paradise is a term used by only one religious group. It generally refers to a place somewhere between heaven and earth where people supposedly go to wait out the return of Jesus.
    Also there is only one way to salvation. And works is not it.
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Dec 27, 2010, 11:51 PM
    will some sign not the signs of the great tribulation but will a sign show us that Armageddon is about to approach?
    There are two phases to The Great Tribulation. When the first part of the Great Tribulation is over, Babylon the Great will have been completely destroyed (false religion) by earthly governments or "the kings of the earth" so who will be left? Jehovah's people. That means they will be the only religious group left for the "kings of the earth" to turn their anger against. This is when the second phase begins, leading to Armageddon. Jehovah prophesied in Ezekiel 38:14-23 that he will stand up for his people and will wipe out those remaining in the earth who oppose him.

how can I deal with people talking or saying bad things to me as I try to preach about the truth?
    Jesus and his Apostles all relied heavily on God's holy spirit while preaching and we must too (Acts 1:8).
    You can't control how people will respond to you so just "shake the dust off your feet" when met with opposition (Matt 10:14). In other words, don't take it personally and get angry but move on. That is the one thing you DO have control over - to carry on with your preaching somewhere else. Matt 5:11,12 is a good scripture to recall when faced with negative responses.

Your study conductor or Elders in your congregation will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, and I only say this because you can never be too careful of where people are getting their information from or even who they are online, so be sure to follow up any information given online with your own bible/study conductor. :)

Dec 28, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar View Post
    There are two phases to The Great Tribulation. When the the first part of the Great Tribulation is over, Babylon the Great will have been completely destroyed (false religion) by earthly governments or "the kings of the earth" so who will be left? Jehovah's people. That means they will be the only religious group left for the "kings of the earth" to turn their anger against. This is when the second phase begins, leading to Armageddon. Jehovah prophesied in Ezekiel 38:14-23 that he will stand up for his people and will wipe out those remaining in the earth who oppose him.

Jesus and his Apostles all relied heavily on God's holy spirit while preaching and we must too (Acts 1:8).
    You can't control how people will respond to you so just "shake the dust off your feet" when met with opposition (Matt 10:14). In other words, don't take it personally and get angry but move on. That is the one thing you DO have control over - to carry on with your preaching somewhere else. Matt 5:11,12 is a good scripture to recall when faced with negative responses.

Your study conductor or Elders in your congregation will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, and I only say this because you can never be too careful of where people are getting their information from or even who they are online, so be sure to follow up any information given online with your own bible/study conductor. :)
    :eek: Wow thanks and I will be going to the meeting Sunday and I will ask them questions as well and thanks again!

Dec 28, 2010, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    Please remember to test everything you are taught by any religious organization by what the bible says on that subject. Any group that makes you use "their" book instead of the bible, I would consider a cult. There is only one true and complete word of God and that is the bible.
    As I remember the term paradise is a term used by only one religious group. It generally refers to a place somewhere between heaven and earth where people supposedly go to wait out the return of Jesus.
    Also there is only one way to salvation. And works is not it.
    They get all there information from the bible. I have looked it up and everything but thanks for your input! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Trinity (quest. To the Jehovah Witnesses) [ 52 Answers ]

The Jehovah Witnesses believe that Jesus is the Son of God but is not God and they pray only God The Father.. A question: What is the foundation of your belief? (I don't want to offend anyone. If you feel offended, you please 4give) It is written in the Holy Bible: I John 5:7 For there are...

Jehovah witness wedding gift [ 3 Answers ]

Is it appropriate to give money as a wedding gift at a Jehovah witness wedding?

Jehovah Witnesses and blood transfusions [ 33 Answers ]

British Columbia Canada. Sextuplets were born. 3 of them were taken into government custody to give them life saving blood transfusions. Which is against the Jehovah Witnesses religion. The Toronto Sun Newspaper poll asked did the government have that right to take the authority off the...

Jehovah or Allah [ 246 Answers ]

In this time of "politically correct" it seems that there is a general good feel attitude about religion. "You're OK, I'm OK" pretty well expresses it. Folks say it doesn't matter how you serve God, because we are all His children. I submit for your consideration this: the God of the Bible is not...

View more questions Search