Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compiler Posts: 91, Reputation: -1

Dec 26, 2010, 04:41 PM
    How much can be withdrawn from 401k traditional account every year?
    How much can a retiree withdraw from his 401k traditional account every year, any amounts or there are minimum and maximum amounts limits required by the IRS? Thank you for your answer.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 06:10 AM

There is no maximum withdrawal limit (up to the value of the account, of course). As for a minimum withdrawal requirement - there is a minimum withdrawal you must take once you reach age 790-1/2, based on life expectancy. If you need details on that, see this site:
    Understanding the IRA Withdrawal Rules - Personal Finance - Taxes - SmartMoney.com

But prior to age 79-1/2 you are not required to take a withdrawal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can police freeze bank account and withdrawn it [ 1 Answers ]

Local police frozen my bank account in Michigan in November of 2008, in April of 2009 they withdrew all the money and droped state charges. My son had nothing to do with my bank account and wasn't on my account . The fed's picked up his case and brought charges againist my son and he has since been...

Can a 401k distribution taken in one year be claimed as income on the preceding year [ 3 Answers ]

If I take a 401k distribution in January 2010 can I claim it as income on my 2009 tax return?

401k Early withdrawn - 10% exempt for First time home buy [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir, My friend has referred me to ask you this question as you being expert for Forign nationals.. On Feb 13th 2007 I have withdrawn $15000 ( check cut) from $,19.186.89 after fedility deducts taxes etc, thinking to buy home immedialty with out doing much research on penalities....

Excess contribution to a traditional 401K [ 1 Answers ]

I was doing my taxes and found that I had contributed too much to my traditional IRA $4595.00 or 595.00 too much. Now I have to pay a 6% penalty every year until that money is withdrawn... Won't I get a penalty if I remove money from my IRA? What is the best solution to this problem?? ...

View more questions Search