Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jendenxxx Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2010, 12:56 PM
    How would you get recognized as a singer?
    hi everyone
    My names jennifer
    I'm 12 years old
    I live in leeds
    I'm an amazing singer at least that's what every one tells me
    And all I want to do is become a singer
    I really want to be noticed
    But how?
    I'm too shy to join anything and simg solo's I went in for the school talent compettition once and got 1st place
    Please notice me I'm really really good does anyone on this sight no any recording companies if so will you put in a good word for me then?
    Thank you
    Pleae help my dream come true
    I've added a video please tell me whether you think I'm good and got what it takes to be a singer or not xx jen xxx
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 01:10 PM

The only thing we can do on this site is give you advice. No one on this site is affiliated with a recording company (that I know of) and if they were, they wouldn't put a "word in" for someone they don't know and have never heard sing.

If you want to be a singer you'll have to get over your shyness and get out there. Go to talent shows, go to open mike nights, sing as often as you can in front of crowds of people and hope that someone in the music industry hears you and likes you.

Becoming a singing star takes a lot of work and dedication. There are a lot of great singers out there, it's not always a matter of if you have talent, it's if you get noticed, if you stand out, if you have something that the public will pay to hear.

It can take many years to get noticed, or you could spend years and years singing never to get noticed at all. That's a risk you have to be willing to take if this is what you really want.

Good luck.
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 04:04 PM

OK soz didn't know
    You didn't know what? That it would take hard work to become a singer, or that this site is a Q & A site?

The latter is very clear, not hidden at all. We're askmehelpdesk, not we'll make you a star, or recording companies limited.

Dec 27, 2010, 10:17 AM
    Comment on Altenweg's post
    Yeah whatever I didn't know OK? Only joking anyway. Godd sum peeps can't take a joke
    Seriously lay off me man
    k?

Dec 27, 2010, 10:20 AM
    Anyway none of that matters now
    Not after last night
    I'm a CRAP singer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 11:20 AM

My wife has spent years in the music business and I have spoken and know many of ( at least the regional players)

A lot is really luck, having the right person hear the right song at the right time.

But it can take years and years just to become regionally know, you do that by singing every time you get a chance. Normally free at first then paid small amounts.

You go on regional circuits doing open mike and karaokee nights and the such. Then you start working signing at small clubs, and events.

I can remember my wife's first 6 state tour, after it was all over we only lost 100 dollars after counting gas, food, hotels and the such. So we did real good they tell me.

As for as singing bad, that is why even the best singers all have voice coaches, so if you want to be good, you take music lessons, learn to read music and learn what ever cording system is used by your local music groups.

You take voice lessons, learn to control pitch, breathing and more.

And you forget being shy, or sing anyway, you open your mouth and sing any and every place you can

Dec 27, 2010, 03:33 PM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    Thanks for that it was really helpful ( unlike some peoples anwasers) ill try to follow your advice thanks once again x
    Pets Expert

Dec 27, 2010, 04:16 PM

yeah whatever I didn't know OK? Only joking anyway. Godd sum peeps can't take a joke
    Seriously lay off me man
    k?
    If you're joking than why ask?

We are volunteers here and we don't have time for bored children that just want to post nonsense on the internet.

Dec 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
    U don't have time for children well I'll tell you what I don't have time for
    Patronizing people thiniing it's all right to have a moan about someone's anwaser when ever they feel like it
    Go get a life

Dec 28, 2010, 09:11 AM
    All right love
    God
    Don't get too heated up
    And know I didn't know
    Anyone who says your answer is helpful then their blind
    All you want to do is moan about someone's answer
    Go get a life
    Is that all you can fine time to do?
    liongal Posts: 82, Reputation: 58

Jan 22, 2011, 12:21 PM
    I would suggest:
    *Making a recording journal of any event you you perform at
    *Make a Youtube channel (ppl have been discovered this way too)
    *When you get older enter x factor
    *Focus on your school work (No.1)

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Singing and being recognized [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get recognized for my singing?

Are distance learning degrees recognized for a job? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am new in the US and am very much interested in making my bachelor degree with distance learning. I got counselling for the phoenix university which sounded great but is too expensive. I like the Ashford university, does someone know about Ashford university?does it matter in the states in...

Flash drive not recognized by my desktop [ 3 Answers ]

My imation usb flash drive suffered water damage and no longer works the power indicater does not light up and it is not recognized by my PC how can I recover my files is it possible

Hard drive not recognized [ 1 Answers ]

I consider myself a little above average on computers. I have a problem! I tried to install a new commercial font manager program on my computer when my computer crashed. The computer hard drive is not viewed except as a slave after I formatted it. It is viewed as a slave in slave and in cable...

View more questions Search