Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coke_addicted Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 26, 2010, 08:33 AM
    No signal
    I have a desktop which is running but it says "No Signal" on the screen when I turn it on. It isn't the graphics card because it is integrated onto the motherboard and it isn't the screen because I use my TV screen. Can anybody suggest any possible faults that could cause this?
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:30 AM

Just because the graphics card is integrated onto the MOBO doesn't mean it can't go bad.

Have you used this desktop on there before? Sometimes you have to manually add another viewing device or hit a hotkey to switch video to it!

As far as hardware goes,
    The three things to check are:
    1. The cable
    2. The monitor
    3. The graphics card

Do you have a spare graphics card or one you can temporarily test? Cable?

Since you use te TV and I am assuming your TV still works fine. I would guess it's either the chord or graphics card or a hotkey/setting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How cell phone transmits and receives signal and transfers them into speech signal [ 1 Answers ]

How cell phone transmits and receives signal and transfers them into speech signal

Getting No Signal [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a ViewSonic VA712b monitor. When I boot up I get a "no Signal" on the monjtor. If I go into safe mode everything works. No error messages. Can someone tell me what's going on? Thanks in advance. Tony

No signal [ 2 Answers ]

MY chassis fan went out. I replaced it. Now , I get the "no signal, check connections".what did I do wrong?

No Signal [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm fairly familiar with troubleshooting problems on my desktop PC,running on Windows XP, and my PC been running great but for some reason I'm not getting any signal on my monitor, I've connected it to another Pc and the monitor works perfect, yet on mine all the drives are working, keyboard...

View more questions Search