Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redonisc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2010, 12:34 AM
    Intermittent spark ignition spark but will not light pilot on natural gas furnace
    Johnson ultra air 97 natural gas furnace , 18 years old
    Starting sequence
    1) exhaust blower and main blower come on
    2) 2 seconds later intermittent spark igniter starts sparking , but will not ignite pilot
    Will shut down after maybe 20 seconds , do not smell any gas

Things I've tried... removed pilot tubing and blew out with air
    Bypassed vacuum switch
    Checked all wires
    Lit lighter under pilot while sparking , no gas or would have lit
    Made small adjustments on pilot adjustment screw
    Tapped on gas valve
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Something is out of sink. The main blower is not suppose to come on and start blowing until the heat comes on and gets to a certain temp. with a meter on start up check to see if there is power going to the gas valve, sounds like valve isn`t opening up allowing the release of gas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Intermittent pilot will not spark? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello! It got cold overnight in the northeast and I am having an issue. I have a 20 yr old honeywell S860D intermittent pilot. I have never had problems with it and have tried most of the troubleshooting basics. Number 1, I am not sure if there is gas flow from the gas valve. I smell it faintly,...

Furnace, model no. Gdpi075-3, I am getting spark to pilot and pilot lights ,spark con [ 2 Answers ]

Furnace, model no. gdpi075-3, I am getting spark to the pilot, pilot lights, spark continues, but valve does not open for main burner. This is a dual stage gas valve. There is 24 volts at pin 4 on the gas valve, I also measure 0.76 volts at spark control, this wire comes from flame sensor. With all...

Warm air furnace: no pilot light, no ignition spark [ 8 Answers ]

I have an International Comfort fan assisted warm air furnace with an issue: The unit does not heat - burners and pilot do not light. The flame blower runs when heat is commanded from the thermostat. There seems to be no gas as the pilot. There is no pilot light, and no spark when...

S8610U Universal intermittent pilot gas ignition control. [ 2 Answers ]

I wire the module up correctly and have 24V to module but no spark or led fault lights. The exhaust fan starts up and ignition sequence starts but no spark. Suggestions or exsperience with this module. Thks Mike

Gas furnace intermittent electric ignition won't light pilot [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier gas furance with a pilot that lights by an intermittent electric ignitor. Occasionally, when the thermostat calls for heat, the electric ignition will spark repeatedly but ultimately, the pilot will not light. If I turn the thermostat off and then back on again, the problem...

View more questions Search