Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Kitschxbang, just a piece of advice, when you reply to postings, make sure that you check the dates. The original posting was made back in January and the last posting in march.
    Kitschxbang Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Nov 29, 2007, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by buggage
    Kitschxbang, just a piece of advice, when you reply to postings, make sure that you check the dates. the original posting was made back in January and the last posting in march.
    Which is just fine, but it doesn't necessarily mean she won't read it. If I see something I relate to, I reply. I check responses to things I posted ages ago. Doesn't have to be a dead thread. It's not like I've wasted my time posting it (you read it). Thanks though :)
    Carmelofan05 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha81
    I will be 19 years old in 3 weeks and I've been obsessed with getting pregnant. I've been wanting a baby since I was 16. Sometimes I look at my stomach and pretend I'm pregnant. I put myself in some fantasy world. I'm just wondering if this has happened to any other person and how I can deal with this. I don't want to go out with someone just to get pregnant. I would never trick someone into getting pregnant. I know I'm still young and I should just wait till it comes along and I am. I just want advice on how I can deal with it until the right time comes for me.
    I am going through the same thing Im 20 years old and me and my boyfriend have baan trying to conceive. Eiveryday I look in the mirror at my stomach. And every time I have a pain in I stomach, it makes me wonder if I am. I work at a daycare and soemtimes it makes me not want to have kids. That's my suggestion to you. Hope it helps
    wadessweetheart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha81
    I have spent time as a co-op student in a daycare that was located at my high school, when I was in high school. (I graduated). I have 3 nephews and a niece, I have babysitted a lot. I have no problem taking care of a child. so that isn't an issue. My original question wasn't if I was ready or not ( like the most of you are answering). My question was , how can I get over wanting a baby so bad, without having one now. I know I want to have my career in which I'm going to college in the fall. after a few years I want one.. maybe around 22 or 23. I am 18, turning 19 in 3 weeks. I know I want to wait till then.
    I feel the same way. (I searched this topic on google) I've wanted to get pregnant for the past 5-8 months. It drives me crazy. Some of my friends have been getting pregnant, and I cry every time. It's crazy, I collect baby clothes, I think about baby names all the time, I babysit for 5+ different families on a daily basis, I've taken everything into consideration. I can support a child. I have a boyfriend (fiance) We're getting married in August. So I am going to wait until I am married to have children. But I understand what you are going through. There isn't really a for-sure way to get over it. I've given up on getting over it. I just deal, and know that someday, not today, but someday I will have children, so it's OK. I guess the best thing I can do is quote the Bible in saying "Patience is a virture", and I guess that's all
    batgirl2009 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 06:38 PM
    OMG... it's so good to have someone else who has this problem. I'm 16 and currently going through the same thing!
    chelse10906 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 04:53 PM
    I'm 18 and my son just turned a month old. It is hard and there are so many sleepless nights, sometimes I just have to cry, especially when I can't get him to stop crying. I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world, but it IS a huge responsibility... and I have to say I'm truly blessed to have my mom help me with so much, quite frankly if it wasn't for her id be out of luck, but I'm not telling you to take advantage of your parents, cause there isn't any guarantees that they'd be 100% supportive

And the whole feeling at the age of 16, I had it too... and well look where I am now
    batgirl2009 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

May 17, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Yeah... I'm trying to hold off and be practical about it. Knowing that I can't support a kid at 16 given the fact that my parents probably wouldn't support me. So I'm just filling my time with babysitting and being around other peoples kids.
    Beautiful19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2008, 09:42 PM

I am 18 Y/o. I have been living and raising myself since i was 14. When I was 2 y/o my dad left me I never saw him since. Because of that I was beaten by my mother since 2 y/o. My brother and I were beaten so bad to where we were blue and bloody. my mother when i was 4 had twins after she brought them home she would disapear for all hours, I had to raise them I fed them,Bathed them and put them to bed. I had always grew up raising my mothers children that were pratically my own as i got older the beatings and the boyfriends got worse.I was on constant alert, when I would get abused I would escape into my head where my dreams were taking off and I felt alive, Strong and safe, I would dream about how my life would be how my kids would always have bread on the table a roof over there heads, they would be safe and loved with everything i have till all i have learned would be given to them they would learn how to love till you can't love anymore, I never give up on love because one day it would come and usally it comes when you least expect it when you think its lost forever. you feel so cold and you always feel what you have believed in for so long is not going to show. You just have to have faith. I have wanted a baby so bad where i have cryed so hard i couldnt cry anymore somthing so precious that would never give up on me a responsiblility all my own where I can teach it dreams do come true keep having faith I have written all my unborn children letters about how much they mean to me and even though there not born yet they still are everything I have ever wanted and more I am so proud of them for holding on and for waiting for me to give them life, The dangers they may face and the ambitions that will overwhelm them. My unborn children are what keeps me alive today when all else fails. even though I want a baby so bad that it hurts I know that the life I can't give them now I know that the life I can give them later is so close. I work 2 jobs and I am a part time student all So that I can save money for my kids so I will not have to work when there born. , I attend church and have never done drugs I have ate as healthy as I can and I have not had any tattoo's or pierceings. Like I said I have been planning for my own children since I was four and raising twins brother and sister (one has autisum, one has cerebral palsy.) and my other brother. I know that one day I will be the greatest mother. I will love my kids no matter what there flaws are and I will teach them everything I know till the day I say my goodbyes!
    P.S mothers will you please kiss and give ur kids bear huggss you have the greatest gifts on this earth I know now you may think there pains but be proud because they will one day be taking care of you and your grandchildren this world needs change and I'm going to lead as many people has i can!
    anq4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Hello, you are not alone. I have also wanted to get pregnant for a while now and it has come to the point of obsession. I am madly in love with my fiancé and have wanted so badly to have children with him for over a year now. I am also 19, but instead of pretending to be pregnant I obsessively think that I am. It feels like my heart is being ripped in two every time I realize that I am not. I wouldn't say that most people our age want this like we do, but I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I go to a counselor every Monday at my college, and tell her anything that is bothering me. She is helpful with calming my eagerness. The main thing that I would recommend doing is staying busy most of your time. Don't just stay home by yourself, going out and doing anything will help keep your mind off it. As for a permanent fix, I haven't found one yet, but don't give up your will power and your reason. Those are the only things keeping you from being an unwed teen aged mother. I know that you will get to be a mother soon enough, don't worry about the time it may be, just know you will be a loving mother.
    P. S. : I wish the best for you.
    Maya123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2012, 09:14 PM
    I understand how you feel and its reassuring knowing other people are in the same kind of situation. I'm 21, finished college and getting married to my BF of 5 years in a few months. However we are unable to have a child (all though we want one really bad) because of lack of jobs and money. We understand the sacrifices that go along with having a child, but believe the joy of having a baby is worth every moment. Neither of us have ever been interested in partying or going out excessively we would both rather be home taking care of a family.

I know how painful it is getting through everyday knowing I can't have a family right now, on top of other personal issues I find myself sinking into depression. I live in a small town and have little to no options for watching over other children or babies.

What I try to do is think about how I am making my future children's lives better by making my life better. Its hard some days but try your best to live each day to your best bettering your future for your children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obsessed with weight [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 23. And obsessed with the way I look. I weigh 150pounds and 5.5ft. I hate the way I look and I want to change myself all the time! About a year ago I weighed 260lbs and lost all of the weight. But still I want to drop even more weight! I am so obsessed with it that I am even using pills with...

I am obsessed about getting pregnant. [ 36 Answers ]

First I'll start by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and...

Help! Am I obsessed? [ 60 Answers ]

I woke up today full of anxiety and just a general feeling of fear and I think its because I have a feeling that my boyfriend is cheating on me because he's been acting differently lately. He's not as interested in sex as he used to be and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or be with me as...

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Help, I'm obsessed! [ 2 Answers ]

If ANYONE can help me, PLEASE do so! I had braces for seven years. It's been three years since I had them taken off, and it has totally reshaped my mouth. Now, I have very crooked lips. My corners just don't line up anymore. So, for the past three years, needless to say, I have had to "reshape" my...

View more questions Search