Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rprick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2010, 04:09 PM
    WW2 vintage Smith & Wesson 38
    I have acquired a 38 caliber Smith & Wesson 5 shot revolver NP. Forward break to expose the cylinder and eject the rounds. The cylinder length is 1 3/16" the barrel length is 5". On the left side of the barrel is stamped secret service special. On the top of the barrel is for 38 Smith & Wesson ctos. I know this will not hold a 38 special round and I did find a serial number under the handle 300482 stamped on the lower left side on the bottom. I know it has been shot many times as the nickel plating around the cylinder is flash burned. Any help is greatly appreciated on the possible model and history.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 25, 2010, 04:21 PM

This looks like it is related to what you have.

'Secret Service Special' Revolver - TheFirearmsForum.Com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smith and wesson/springfied .32 cal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a nickel with black handles on the top of barrel the last date is 7/25/1872 model # 80596. Were can I find it and what is it worth. It`s in good to high fare condition.

Antique smith&wesson [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Smith&Wesson rev.-1 I/4" barrel -barrel is stamped 38 S&W-CTG-right side stamped Made in USA- Marcas Registradas-Smith & Wesson-Springfield Mass-inside cyl.is 33 0 with a 5 stamped under the 33 0 ser# 58774 --Any info ?

Antique smith and wesson [ 3 Answers ]

I have a smith -wesson 32 long ,5 shot ,break down pistol with ser. #72950. I think last pat. Date is may 11 ,1880. Bright finish with black grips,no trigger guard.can you give information on worth and model ? Thank you Bernie

View more questions Search