Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techysahil Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2010, 03:11 PM
    Impact of B1 on H1
    A person is currently on B1 in USA and has spent over 4 months. His port of entry is 6 months(late Feb). His company in India wants him to come back and apply for H1 in feb. 2 concerns

1) How advisable is it to spend around 5+ months on B1 visa
    2) Is there any impact on H1 application, considering that he just came back 5+ months on B1
    3) Is around Feb too late to apply for this year's H1 visa

Other option for him is to come back right now(4+ months) and apply for H1. Does that make any difference, spending 4+ or 5+ months on B1.

Please reply soon
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 08:20 AM

He must leave US before last date in I-94, or he will be overstayed. If overstayed, he will not be eligible to obtain any employment visa in US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you think this will impact our economy? [ 14 Answers ]

In the news recently there was shown a small car that runs exclusively on WATER. The water is separated into HHO and then burned as fuel, the emission being only H20. What impact do you see in this on prices, stock market, oil, etc?

Impact on credit [ 1 Answers ]

I've asked a few professionals in my area, with varying opinions.. Does anyone know the impact on credit, for eventually getting a mortgage, for getting a car loan and for credit cards, between a foreclosure, a deed in lieu of foreclosure and a short sale. Specifically is having a deed in lieu...

Human impact [ 4 Answers ]

What are some competing arguments for acid rain?

Environmental impact [ 1 Answers ]

I have a commercial piece of property I wanted to borrow some money on & the bank wanted me to get an environmental impact study 1st.What does this study entail ? What are the procedures ? Thanks, joe

View more questions Search