Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diepwaters Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Need to find cheap catering service
    I'm getting married in Sept. 2007 and I need to find a catering service around the Tri-Cities area of Michigan. Please help me find a good and cheap catering service!!

Thank you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Let me see do you want a GOOD one, or do you want a CHEAP one.

If this is a church wedding have you checked with the church to see if they have a catering service they have used or if they provide one. One of my past churches had a ladies group that did this for fund raising.

Also often many larger rest offer catering services if you ask.

And of course nothing sales good and cheap more than a bag of happy meals
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by diepwaters
    I'm getting married in Sept. 2007 and I need to find a catering service around the Tri-Cities area of Michigan. Please help me find a good and cheap catering service!!!

Thank you!
    Can give you a lot of ideas, but the main quiestion is what kind of food are you wanting to serve, for instance just hand food, sanwiches or full out meals?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jan 28, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Some of the bigger grocery chain stores that have a deli/bakery have extended into catering service in my area. I used one of them at my Christmas open house with 100+ guests. The food was very fresh, delicious (everyone raved about the fruit and pastries!) and surprisingly reasonable. It was set up buffet style with little service needed thereafter though. And we took care of all the beverages ourselves. I didn't even mind telling people when they asked that it was Winn Dixie, instead of some schmacy restaurant either LOL. Maybe that would be true where you live too?

I'm all for an inexpensive wedding. Our wedding was a second time around for the both of us and since we already had everything we could ever need, the wedding production (small but lavish) was amazingly done by our closer friends taking various aspects of it as their gift to us. It made for a somewhat potluck wedding LOL but oh the love in the room. Even our clothes were handmade as gifts for us. A wedding in the park sounds lovely. Congrats to you both!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Over the years of doing all sorts of weddings, we have had outdoor cookouts. We have had merely family members do it by having various families do different things.

And you figure what you can afford, don't spend yourself into debt, if you can only afford snack food, then just have that.
    brewster37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2011, 10:15 AM
    I have used Talia's Italian Catering in Riverisde, Ca and they are the best Italian Catering I have used. They are very reseanable pricing and they come right too your door with the samples and/ or you can go to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I find cheap cigarettes? [ 6 Answers ]

There used to be a website where a person could buy cigarettes from an Indian reservation but I can't find it anymore. Where can I find the cheapest quality cigs?

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

Retired Service Dogs? How to find them. [ 2 Answers ]

I've always loved the labs. Since I'm too old to take on any more puppies, I was thinking that when my Cricket (Springer mix) goes, I'd like to see about adopting a retired service dog. How does one find them? About what age are they retired. Is there anything we need to know before getting...

Catering [ 1 Answers ]

hi I'm writing an article on the effects that technological advances have had on the storage, sale, ;purchase and transport on perishable commoditeies in particlular, dairy products, :-X so I need a little bit of history on the storage, sale, ;purchase and transport on perishable commoditeies in...

View more questions Search