Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 26, 2010, 07:00 AM

I agree with what AK is saying. Getting them Belgian passports, either the last time they were in Belgium or by mail would explain how she got them out of the country.

But You should definitely pursue a custody case here in the US. THEN use that to file a case in Belgium.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2010, 07:08 AM

Hello again, Mark:

Or, like I said in the beginning, you could go GET them. Look. You're talking about going to court HERE, and then going to court THERE, and even then you might not win... I don't know how wealthy you are. Plus if you win, they'll be teenagers by the time you do...

Go get them.

excon
    imissmy2kids Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2010, 08:29 AM
    Good morning sorry was asleep thanks all for responding

Someone told me that because my kids are American and where born here in the USA I can call the American embassy in Belgium and report that my kids where kidnapped?? And my wife doesn't have American passport my kids do have at least on-file if she trashed them or something, she took most of the official paper work as well, but I can get all that to prove that I am the dad, like I said I work as well for EMS RESCUE for The Police in NY so I can get it faster because I can get a manual birth certificates, from the hospitals where they where born, its only temp but, its till I get the real ones by mail she took as well the ss cards etc.

So what you guys say??
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2010, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imissmy2kids View Post
    so what you guys say ???
    Hello again, Mark:

Cops are VERY willing to get involved when they think they're going to catch a criminal... But, when they get the sense that they're being USED as a weapon by a disgruntled ex-spouse, they're loathe to get involved... That is why you needed to report it IMMEDIATELY... Since you didn't, your motives will FOREVER be questioned by the authorities...

I'm not saying you shouldn't call them. You should. But, I wouldn't expect too much.

If you're NOT going to GET them, and it doesn't sound like that's up your alley, at least hire a lawyer who SPECIALIZES in retrieving kidnapped children, and let him do his thing.

excon

Dec 26, 2010, 08:56 AM
    @ excon I am willing to do anything and anything ti get back my kids but because I am a little involved in the law line I seem to think and see how to do rather then to jump in to the lake when I might have a away in to the lake, you understand?? And this site is a real big help for me, I got a lot out of this site I am very happy to find this site, I always and always will help others that's what and what I do all my life that's just me, but you know there is a known saying you can help the world but you can't help your own world you need .someone to help you help your own world, I think you get my point ?>?>?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:21 AM

Actually no, birth certificates ( official ones) are not at the hospital, they are from the state,

To give you a little background, I worked for the Justice Dept, and worked for a couple state law enforcement agencies.

You can go though legal channels, and yes, in 10 or 12 years, you may get to visit the kids, or even get physical custody. The trouble is that you first have to win here in the US, then you will have to do a court battle in that country under their laws to try and get them to honor the US court order.

Yes you could get into trouble if you went and tried to just take the child, but then there are people and groups that are professional in doing this also, But you have to have a court order from the US giving you custody first.

This even happens in the US, between states at time,

Dec 26, 2010, 09:29 AM
    @ Fr_Chuck the hospital ones are the most official ones but as I said only temp till I get the real ones, I got them for some people what there was no choice and was life an death

And you have a point to go that way by the time something will come up my kids will 20 years old already, I can get over how she just left, by the way if she had duel passports why did she take the passports so like this I got nothing to show??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 09:59 AM

Yes, to make it harder for you to do anything, I won't argue the birth certificate, but only the state issued one is going to be honored in court or any government agency.

But at the end of the day, you have to get to court here in the US, and get full custody awarded, that alone can take many months.

Also you need to check with the US embassy, but normally if you have a court order from the US courts, and can get the kids to the US embassy, they have to honor it and will give you protection there and help you out of the country,

But that is also based on political agreements.

Dec 26, 2010, 10:27 AM

Like I said earlier, you need to be a pit bull. This means you have to do ANY AND EVERY thing that can be thought of. The only problem I see with your going and getting the kids is getting them out of the country. If you have their American passports that will be easier. But if the children are going to object, the authorities will probably hold you at the airport until they check. This might also get you arrested if you don't have court documents proving you have custody. I realize this is a holiday weekend so you probably have not been able to get anything done, but tomorrow you need to move. You need to start calling; the State Dept, Family Court your attorney, etc. You need to get info and file for custody immediately. On Tuesday you can post back here with a list of what you have accomplished.

Dec 26, 2010, 10:29 AM
    @ Fr_Chuck

Oh that's sounds great because if I get a court order and speak to the embassy there they might give me protection there in case they will try to say or do something to me, but I know I will make it right just because of your guys help I do have a lawyer what I showed him what you guys think, I hope I can't tell you this name, but one I will all over with I will because you guys deserve a tank you

Dec 26, 2010, 10:32 AM

I'm curious, did your attorney agree with our advice?

Dec 26, 2010, 10:34 AM
    @ScottGem

YES some of it:) and a lot of it

Dec 26, 2010, 10:39 AM
    @ScottGem

I have someone who can get new passports he works for homeland he is not sure he can but last time I needed it for my baby, he got me one Monday morning 9 am I had it in my hand :)

Dec 26, 2010, 11:40 AM

Are you saying you don't have their passports? I assumed, from other things you said, that the children had traveled to Belgium before.

Also, if you have a friend in Homeland Security see if he can find out how they got out of the country in the first place.

Dec 26, 2010, 01:13 PM
    @ ScottGem

Thanks for the response sorry I am a little late with responding trying my best like I said before I am IN EMS RESCUE FOR THE POLICE IN NY AND THE WEATHER IS VERY BAD SO I AM OUT MOST OF THE TIME HELPING OTHERS TO BE SAFE,

But I am trying my best to respond, so *** respond and I will respond the fastest I can

I know they are in Belgium for a fact I got people there who saw them

And they where there and I was there as well we use to go each year for the passover holiday, for 8 years wow yup 8 years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook for a Hand Man Kills Someone in the Streets of Europe, Witnessed by Two Kids [ 2 Answers ]

2 children (a girl and a boy) witnessed a murder by a large man with a hook for a hand. What happens next is a bum and/or drunk sits next to the dead man and doesn't know he dead, and falls a sleep. When the dead man is discovered, he gets blamed for it, for being found by the body, and that he...

Movie about kids hijacking a plane [ 5 Answers ]

I saw a movie several years ago about kids touring a jet liner. A couple with weapons hijacked the plane. Any ideas what movie this was?

Dating a man with 2 kids, moved back in solely for the kids [ 1 Answers ]

I've been dating a man who has 2 kids with the woman he has known for about 16 years. They were never married and a week prior to us meeting he had moved back home because his kids miss him and would cry at night for him. He told me that he only moved back for the kids. He spends as much time as he...

How to get US tax refund (after moving back to Europe)? [ 3 Answers ]

I am an Italian citizen who has worked in the US (California) During the period 1999-2004 under J1 visa (1999-2000) and H1B visa (2000-2004), respectively. Then, in 2004 I moved Back to Europe. My question is: Is it still possible to apply for a tax refund for the period Under...

View more questions Search