Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2010, 09:25 AM

Hello again, Mark:

You started as a victimized parent. That's easy. It turns out that you're a participant in a major soap opera. That's beyond my expertise.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2010, 09:29 AM

Mark,

You refuse to answer our questions, and give more info and just repeat the same BS over and over and over.

If you an not answer the following then you really don't want advice

1. what is the current status of legal custody though the courts ?

2. are you on the birth certificates

3. why did you not file kidnapping charges

4. have you discussed this with a local attorney.

But basilcy you get a court order from the family court giving you custody of the kids since she has ran off with them. You file kidnapping charges against her with the police in your area.

Then you may or may not be reconised by their courts, but if you get in and out of their nation with the kids, then you are safe, since you have legal docments giving you custody of them.
    imissmy2kids Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2010, 09:29 AM
    You're a participant in a major soap opera. That's beyond my expertise.? Not sure what you trying to say??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2010, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imissmy2kids View Post
    you're a participant in a major soap opera. That's beyond my expertise. ??? not sure what you trying to say ???
    What he is trying to say, is that you posted a long rambling post originally that gave us very little REAL info. Since then we have asked question and gotten piecemeal answers. You also keep dropping additional pieces of info that should have been provided up front. For example you said something about a case being 5 years ago. What case?

But there is a bottom line here. You have to file for custody of the kids and get a US court to award you custody. Then you can get the kids and llet her fight for them.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2010, 09:43 AM
    not sure what you trying to say ???
    Hello again, Mark:

This LOOKED like a straightforward case of child abduction... I KNOW what to DO about that. Yes, the CPS thing was bothersome, but I still took you at your word.

NOW, you tell us that you cheated on her, she cheated on you, she's pregnant, and she was FORCED to leave for some unknown reason. Apparently, the problem she's having with YOU, isn't the reason she left...

It's not so straightforward anymore. I don't know how to advise you based upon the new information...

excon

Dec 25, 2010, 09:43 AM
    @Fr_Chuck

1. What is the current status of legal custody though the courts?

Answer: there is no court or a police report about anything so in this case we both have custody as a parent

2. Are you on the birth certificates?
    Answer YES I am on it

3. Why did you not file kidnapping charges

Answer Because I am Jewish and we have our courts and stuff, I guess you guys know about?
    But they don't know what's up and stuff they are telling me to make a deal, but I said I don't take demands form a person that's a kidnapper

4. Have you discussed this with a local attorney?

Answer YES I did and he says its kind of more messed up because I didn't file the sec I found out

Dec 25, 2010, 09:46 AM
    @ScottGem
    A child abuse case

Dec 25, 2010, 09:54 AM
    @ excon

I didn't sat I cheated I said that's what she put out on the street's and stuff so to make heat and out of nowhere she is gone, there is no girl no one and I didn't cheat, its just what she put out one me, and one of the people who helped her put the word out came FWD and confessed that it's a lie and he is willing to testify in court that he did wrong

And she was forced to leave yes, but she doesn't talk about my story she doesn't know I know what I know, do you understand??

She never knew I will find out, so her story was a cover up to leave

Dec 25, 2010, 09:56 AM
    Hey sorry was very lost when I starting this letter to you guys, so *** understand not trying to give you guys a hard time

Dec 25, 2010, 09:59 AM

Are you an orthodox jew? Is your wife also? Yes some jewish sects have their own court system, but that's within the community. This has transcended the community and needs to be dealt with by secular, civil authorities. But your mentioning that begs the question about what have you done in those courts. What has your rabbi advised?

But I agree with excon. This situation is convoluted and complex. You need an attorney to unravel it. But you need to initiate action NOW. You can't keep sitting on your hands. Your attorney needs to file for custody immediately.

Dec 25, 2010, 10:14 AM
    @ScottGem

Yes orthodox Jew and my wife is as well, but someone told but I don't know if its true that the Jewish court is like real court so its like I did file but my way based that I am Jewish, but sometimes they can't really help so then we go to the real court, the rabbi told me to make a deal but she don't want to make a deal she just wants me to give up and forget about the kids and just give a divorce, the rabbi said if it can be worked out nice to 50/50 and she comes back to NY and stuff I was thinking its all going to be fine but in this case I see why she ran from THE USA

Dec 25, 2010, 10:15 AM
    I am starting to get a hang of this website, kind of like it my head was just nowhere before I hope you guys understand me

Dec 25, 2010, 10:23 AM

Civil courts are always different from religious courts. While I understand the rabbi wanted to try to do things nicely, it is apparently beyond that. If you want any chance of getting your kids back, you need to be a pit bull and hire a pit bull of an attorney.

Dec 25, 2010, 10:27 AM
    @ScottGem

Yes the rabbi tried to make it right the nice way but she is just on a side that there is no deal there is just one way is to give all up

Dec 25, 2010, 10:44 AM
    So now I need to find a real pit bull of an attorney, I can see its one big mess
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2010, 11:09 AM

Not as much mess than required legal requirements if both parties are not agreeing to the terms.

I would ask if she is still practicing her faith in their current nation ? If so the church there may be able to supply some help if you were to go over there

Dec 25, 2010, 01:14 PM
    @Fr_Chuck
    Hey sorry was busy helping others didn't see your message
    She is still Jewish but listens to the rabbi but she doesn't want to do what he says she just wants to do what's she wants, so why she is even going to the rabbi, I don't know lol

So don't you think its messed up??
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 25, 2010, 11:02 PM

The 1st thing my wife did is when she got to Europe, she made them European citizens, of forgot to add that her mom and dad lives there so she went to her mom and dad, and with their help as well, and she is staying by them now

My wife is not a U.S. citizen, she only has a green card, she never had time to make US passport, my kids are U.S. citizens and there were born in the US
    How did she change them to European citizens??? Without me being there??? Just because there is no court order she just can???
    It's a good question how she got them out of the U.S. She would have a Belgian passport. Perhaps she also obtained Belgian passports for them.

What she claims is their citizenship status is not really important. They might have dual citizenship, but retaining their U.S. citizenship, until they come of age.

The big issue for you, it seems to me, is that you need to get them returned to you. For this, you will need an attorney in Belgium to get a court order there. You might also want to consider obtaining a custody order here in the U.S. (whichever state you are in).

Dec 25, 2010, 11:38 PM
    @ AK lawyer.. thanks for your replay

So what you saying is she might of made them Belgian passports last time I was there??

So I need to open a case in the USA and in Belgian?? As well??
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 26, 2010, 01:47 AM
    so what you saying is she might of made them Belgian passports last time i was there ???
    She could have done it by mail, I suppose.

so i need to open a case in the USA and in Belgian ??? as well ???
    If you have an American court order giving you custody in might carry more weight in the Belgian (or wherever you corner her) courts.

You might be able to get an American court to order her to return them, but how could the order be enforced? It couldn't, really, unless a court where she is located orders her to comply and, if she doesn't, hold her in contempt.

Thing is, in the U.S. courts in one state are obligated to give full faith and credit to court orders from other states. Courts in foreign countries aren't necessarily required to do so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hook for a Hand Man Kills Someone in the Streets of Europe, Witnessed by Two Kids [ 2 Answers ]

2 children (a girl and a boy) witnessed a murder by a large man with a hook for a hand. What happens next is a bum and/or drunk sits next to the dead man and doesn't know he dead, and falls a sleep. When the dead man is discovered, he gets blamed for it, for being found by the body, and that he...

Movie about kids hijacking a plane [ 5 Answers ]

I saw a movie several years ago about kids touring a jet liner. A couple with weapons hijacked the plane. Any ideas what movie this was?

Dating a man with 2 kids, moved back in solely for the kids [ 1 Answers ]

I've been dating a man who has 2 kids with the woman he has known for about 16 years. They were never married and a week prior to us meeting he had moved back home because his kids miss him and would cry at night for him. He told me that he only moved back for the kids. He spends as much time as he...

How to get US tax refund (after moving back to Europe)? [ 3 Answers ]

I am an Italian citizen who has worked in the US (California) During the period 1999-2004 under J1 visa (1999-2000) and H1B visa (2000-2004), respectively. Then, in 2004 I moved Back to Europe. My question is: Is it still possible to apply for a tax refund for the period Under...

View more questions Search