Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaby10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 07:40 PM
    How can I tell if my dog has a normal ability to hold pee
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 25, 2010, 12:07 AM
    Please give more details about age and health and type of dog.
    Generally an adult dog (not an old one) can hold it in for several hours, which is not to say that is good for his kidneys.
    If he is crated or confined in a small space he will hold it in. Even with the run of the house he will if he can, depending on the dog and his age. Larger dogs tend to be more willing than smaller breeds.
    People who work and commute long hours should hire someone to walk the dog in the middle of the day (after and before you have walked him).
    Please don't own a dog who is cooped up all day while you are gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know if Lyme Disease is related to my dog not having the ability to bark [ 20 Answers ]

About 2 months ago my dog woke up and tried to bark. An odd noise came out and since then he has not been able to bark. A week ago he was diagnosed with Lyme disease and had a number of symptoms. Can this losing his bark have anything to do with the Lyme?

Is it normal for a newly adopted dog to pee in his sleep? [ 15 Answers ]

We have adopted a one year old chocolate lab from the humane society. He has been in our home for one week. I just noticed a wet spot underneath him on the bed where he was sleeping. We immediately took him outside and he did have to pee some more. He is not completely housebroken yet. In...

I think I have to pee during sex that normal? [ 1 Answers ]

When me and my fiancé are having sex I start to feel like I got to go pee but it only happens when he does certain stuff but he tells me that I don't have to that is an orgasm coming out and to just to let it go but I can never seem to is that normal ?

Dog suddenly not going out to pee [ 2 Answers ]

We have 2 shepard-lab mix dogs, one male and one female, from the same litter. We got the male several months later than the female (he's only been with us since July, whereas we got her last December). Both of them are quite fearful for some unknown reason (they're puppies of a rescue dog, never...

Dog will not pee or poop outside [ 1 Answers ]

I just adopted a 2 year old greyhound terrier mix from the kennel four weeks ago. The kennel said that he was an inside dog. The problem is getting him to go to potty outside. He seems to be shy about peeing and pooping. I have taking him for a two hour walk through the park and around the block...

View more questions Search