Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MA092592 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 06:29 PM
    How long should a cartilage piercing initially hurt for?
    Two days ago, I had my cartilage pierced with a gun. The stud is able to turn and I'm cleaning it but it still throbs a little. I don't believe it's infected but when should I expect the initial pain to go away?
    braleighb13 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Dec 29, 2010, 11:40 AM
    Anywhere from a few minutes to three months.

STOP TURNING YOU JEWELRY. This is an old wives tale from when they pierced with gold. It's doing more damage that good and could be why you're still throbbing a little. It only takes a little tiny piece of crustie to rip open a freshly healing piercing.

Hopefully you're ear is all intact inside and the pain will go away in about two weeks total. (Not really pain after the first three days, it's discomfort from having a healing wound on your head... but same difference for here)
    Hrilmitzh Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 06:02 PM
    My pain was gone inside of a week, 2 weeks is the average, and it will probably be tender to lay or put pressure on for months to come.
    And yeah, braleighb 13 is right about the turning, Besides it turns on its own from just day to day life, right? :P
    Hrilmitzh Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2010, 10:54 PM
    Oh! Almost forgot most important bit, if you ever get another cartilage piercing, get it done with a needle, it doesn't hurt any more (I found it hurt a lot less actually) but it is hugely safer, as its less likely to shatter your cartilage!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much does a cartilage piercing hurt? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting my cartlage pierced on Wednesday the 22nd December 2010 and I am so nervous about if it will hurt or not because I have heard from some people that it does but from others I have heard that it doesn't

Is it normal for your ear not to hurt at all after a cartilage piercing? [ 2 Answers ]

I am able to touch and sleep on my ear even though my piercing is new. It doesn't hurt and all I hear about is how much pain people are in from getting pierced. Can this somehow mean I could get an infection or am I just being paranoid?

Does getting a cartilage piercing hurt if I have low pain tolerance? [ 16 Answers ]

Okay, I'm 12 now and I was wanting to get a cartlilage piercing in my right ear with a gun. I understand that some people say it's painless, but I have LOW pain tolerance! I don't want anyone to scare me and tell me NOT to get it done, so I want some encouragement, but I want the truth too! :)...

Does Cartilage Piercing hurt? Is it unsafe? [ 97 Answers ]

I am getting the top of my ear pierced, like on the side in the cartilage. I was wondering how much it will hurt if it is being done with a needle (not a gun) and how high chance it is for infection. I know that it takes a lot longer than a hole in your earlobe to heal, about a few months?

Does piercing your cartilage hurt [ 1 Answers ]

I don't think it hurts when I got mine don't at claires it wasa little stinging for about 18 seconds and I juts got mine done I remember and it hurts when I roatate them and when you touch it or something hits it remember don't sleep on it cause it will go right through your ear

View more questions Search