Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 05:11 PM
    What does an Epsom Salt Bath do for you exactly?
    I heard it was really good for you but I'm just wondering how it can be good for you, what does it do for you exactly? Why do people use it?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2010, 05:16 PM

"Soaking in a tub full of hot water with a few cups of Epsom salts is good for relaxing muscles and drawing toxins from the body. According to the Epsom Salt Industry Council web site, epsom salts—made of the mineral magnesium sulfate—are also a sedative for the nervous system.

When magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin, such as in a bath, it draws toxins from the body, sedates the nervous system, reduces swelling, relaxes muscles, is a natural emollient, exfoliator, and much more."

Read more: 13 Wonderful Ways to Use Epsom Salts | Care2 Healthy & Green Living
    jabag11 Posts: 105, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead Sea Salt for use in my salt water pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am converting my swimming pool (25000 gallons of water) into a salt water pool. I just bought the Jandy generator and I need to get 80 lbs of salt ( I think) . It clearly states to get 100 percent NAC1. Can I use Dead Sea Salt?

Printing only BLUE (Epsom Stylus 830) [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to print an image, (even in monotone), which has a very strong blue tint! I've tried adjusting the print settings, although assume this is an ink issue? Can anybody help?

Is the no salt substitue for salt dangerous [ 3 Answers ]

My 80 year old grandpaw was told to cut down on his salt intake. We bought the no-salt substitute because he would not cut down on the amount of salt he used. His taste buds are not working correctly because he can not tell the difference. If you have ever tried it you knoe what I mean. Anyway,...

Cannot get epsom stylus cx7800 to print email [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot get my printer to print emails. It will however print attachments if they are a word document. This means any email that is important I put into a file,thus taking space , any suggestions?

Salt pellet damage to car from salt truck [ 2 Answers ]

Re: Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). My car was pelted by salt pellets being sprayed on the Kennedy Expy. Near Chicago. The pavement was totally dry thus causing the pellets to fly into my car which was traveling at 55 mph, damaging the hood and fenders extensively to the tune of over...

View more questions Search